Life in Danger.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On the bad side, we got a new tenant agreement and I cannot have dogs anymore
i dont know where your at but im not sure if theyy can do that if they have let u have animals in the past. like i said im not sure but might want to check into it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that seems weird that they change the rules about dogs when you already have a dog..I would check to see if that is legal. I wouldn't get rid of my pets no matter what.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your original lease should be binding as long as you stay there. They can prohibit you from getting new pets, but cannot make you get rid of the old ones.

Even if they sold the place, your original lease is what you go by, so No, they are not allowed to make you get rid of your dog if it was actually allowed in the first place. I do hope you didn't sign anything on this new tenant's agreement, because if you didn't they can't make you do anything about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately they can. They only have to give written notice.They can issue whatever rules the want, but they have to give us a time period to adjust.

I didn't get rid of my dog, we just took her out to Kyle's parents house and she's coming to visit this weekend. They're going to keep her out there till I'm done school and then when we own our own house, she'll come back to living with us.

I don't have income, so I cannot be considered the main renter in the agreement. Dh is and she came and got him to sign it while I wasn't here. The part about pets states : No dogs; all other animals must have written consent from landlord.

If they go all commando and say no animals, that is a deal breaker and I'll move. I mean, if I wanted that, I could have stayed in the apartment with way cheaper rent and less bills.