Lickable treats

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody have a cat refuse to eat a lickable/churu type treat from the tube? Indy has decided that her chicken and scallops must be squeezed out onto a plate for her to eat.

She swatted it away when I offered her the tube and it went all over the floor and she happily cleaned it up.

Anybody elese have a cat refuse the tube but eat off a plate?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have honestly never tried to give Feeby a lickable treat directly from the tube - always have put it on a plate, but that is primarily because I am using them to mix with meds. But, I bet if I did try to feed it to her that way, she wouldn't take it!!

Are you saying that Indy was taking it from the tube before? If so, maybe the material used to make the tubes has changed, or the outer tube was 'tainted' by something?

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are just weird. My Smudge will eat anything, anytime, anywhere, served in any way.
Tessa, on the other hand, is particular. And her preferences change day to day. Sometimes she’ll gobble it up from the tube. Some days she only wants it on a plate. Some days the plate must be put on top of the cabinet. Some days she’ll only eat it if my son feeds it to her. I love her but she is a spoiled little goofball.
Tessa’s chicken must be a certain brand and heated to the EXACT right temperature.
Now Smudge? The other night I turned my back for a second and caught Smudge eating refried beans!!!
They’re just weird. Weird little balls of love and cuddles! 💗

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes. When Magnus had bad gingivitis before his cleaning he stopped eating it from the tube because I think his tongue also was a bit sore. After his cleaning he eats it from the tube again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy still insists it not be in the tube. I did notice the top is kind of sharp maybe she got a paper cut on her tounge and associates the wrapper with pain idk really.