Lexi had another UTI

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She started behaving much like she did when she had the first one. It all started this morning and when I saw her scooting across the floor, I didn't have to think twice about taking her to the vet. I did NOT want to have to take her to the e-vet again to shell all that money out when I could have taken her in earlier.
She is now on Cipro again for 30 days and I will keep her on the Hill's c/d. As much as I don't want to, I know that it may be the best thing for her. We still have the grain free food out in the kitchen and she has been coming out more and more and I don't know if she got back into that grain free food, or if this started completely out of nowhere. Can some cats get a UTI even on Purina Urinary? I may have to switch my whole household back again. I don't want her to constantly have UTI's, especially if she is roaming out into the kitchen more.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES and if she keeps getting them it is time to either try all wet or RX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

YES and if she keeps getting them it is time to either try all wet or RX
Thanks sharky. That's what the vet recommended. I have the prescription Hill's c/d for her for both wet and dry. I will try feeding her both, and he also said she may only need all wet, but I want to try both first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Oh, poor Lexi, I hope shes feeling better soon, and I hope the new food works for her.
Thanks! She is at least able to sleep now instead of running back and forth to the litter box. Poor girl.