Let's Talk Cat Litter :)

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried several kinds of litter and didn't like them. I wanted to try Feline Pine but could not get it locally. So I bought some Fresh REsults cat litter and love it. And so does Ping.

sazza

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ocicat_steph

i buy mine from http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/browse_136 but it looks like it might be cheaper at the Zooplus. will have to do a basket check out and see if the shipping is the difference in price.
it's a fantastic litter! i highly recommend it. only downside to it is it can track out of the box sometimes. you have to have a mat or something in front of the box to stop it.

edit just checked the prices. PetWarehouse full check out with shipping price is £20.99 and the Zooplus is £21.85
Can I just check, this litter looks very similar to the 'pets at home' pellet cat litter (I used to use it for my rats and it was very good).

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just switched over from WBCL to Arm & Hammer Fragrance Free (and I add some plain baking soda) and I have been extremely pleased with the results. I really liked WBCL but the price was a little steep and I felt that it would be better for Astrid to have that money put toward a high quality cat food and toys. So far, no odors and good clumping and easy clean up. And the price is right.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sazza

Can I just check, this litter looks very similar to the 'pets at home' pellet cat litter (I used to use it for my rats and it was very good).
this litter is not pellets it's almost ground up and turns the wee in to jelly balls so they don't mix with the rest of the litter, smell, track and are easily cleaned. the litter box lasts sooo much longer. this is nothing like the pets at home pine pellets.

sazza

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ocicat_steph

this litter is not pellets it's almost ground up and turns the wee in to jelly balls so they don't mix with the rest of the litter, smell, track and are easily cleaned. the litter box lasts sooo much longer. this is nothing like the pets at home pine pellets.
Thanks for the information - I now realise I was looking at the wrong litter - I had clicked on the litter suitable for kittens. Can the litter you use be used for kittens?

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Nature's Miracle Litter. It's a corncob-based product with a citrus inset that neutralizes the odors. You don't notice any smell until you scoop the box, and then it's still pretty mild.

The stuff clumps very quickly and can be put into the toilet and flushed. There is a little tracking but it stays in the bathroom since I put two pieces of carpet near Gizmo's box.

She absolutely hated the Arm andHammer Crystals, was indifferent to Feline Pine, and the clay based litters made both of us cough and choke.

I also like the fact that Nature's miracle is not made of a food product. Wheat and corn can attract bugs.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sazza

Thanks for the information - I now realise I was looking at the wrong litter - I had clicked on the litter suitable for kittens. Can the litter you use be used for kittens?
The Universal Litter is the one you were thinking of with the pellets. the one i'm refering to is this one http://petfoodwarehouse.co.uk/browse...65c7090f181f06 which is suitable for cats and kittens. recommended actually because of how clean it stays for hygene.

jakomo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I've used Hammer Scoop Fragrance
, This is very good

Jakomo