LETS SEE THEM CALICOS!! Share your pics of your calico\torti kitties

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm... Time to start serving her food in her carrier, I think. By the time she's calm enough to go in, you can close the door. She has until the kittens are weaned to learn that the carrier is a safe place, so you can go as slow as you like.

If she's fully feral (as in "won't let you come close enough to close the carrier door") you might even consider a cat trap... but ehh, that might be overkill.

Soooo... when she lets you take photos of the kittens, we would love to see them!!

Last edited:

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As of Wednesday there will be no more un-neutered males in our house, as he finally trusts us.
I am glad you are taking care of the male.  I hope you do well with this little one.  I have hand raised a pair of kittens, but they were a little older than this.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby. It's not uncommon for new or inexperienced mother cats to abandon kittens. Take good care of him. We're here if you need advice. :)

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am Mamma Pooch, I was adopted at 17 years old, I will be 21 next month on April 23rd. I am very tiny and only weigh 5 lbs. I live with my Mom and Dad along with 6 other brats ranging in age from 6.6 months to 8 years old. I was not neutered when I came to live with my M & D and had just had another litter at 16 yo. When I got fixed they told my M & D I had breast cancer, I think they could have been wrong since I am still around.

I just got out of the hospital yesterday because I was dehydrated and was found to have gallbladder stones. I'm too old for surgery so my M & D had to change my diet and give me medicine 2 times each day. I get fussed over constantly, especially by my Mom, who I like sleeping with and on, when no one else is around. In spite of having to share my M & D with my 3 brothers and 3 sisters, it's not a bad life at all.

This is me lounging on my favorite scratching lounge chair. And that's me sleeping next to my Mom, in her hand, in her bed when I came home yesterday from the hospital.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am Mamma Pooch, I was adopted at 17 years old, I will be 21 next month on April 23rd. I am very tiny and only weigh 5 lbs. I live with my Mom and Dad along with 6 other brats ranging in age from 6.6 months to 8 years old. I was not neutered when I came to live with my M & D and had just had another litter at 16 yo. When I got fixed they told my M & D I had breast cancer, I think they could have been wrong since I am still around.
This happened to a 5-year-old unneutered cat I rescued some time back. She had lumps on her body, and they worried she had cancer in addition to her obvious and severe malnutrition. They shrank and disappeared after she was spayed. I can only guess that going into heat repeatedly caused the lumps, so that after she was spayed, she became healthier and the lumps vanished. She is 8 years old now, weighs three more pounds than she did when I rescued her, and has no trace of cancer. Last I heard, she is healthy and staying at a no-kill shelter, though she could have been adopted by now. My conclusion is that the hormones caused irritation and inflammation; the many parasites she was carrying didn't help, either. She probably never had cancer to begin with--after all, most ominous lumps are not cancer, even though the possibility is there. Maybe what we saw in our cats was the precursor, the inflammation and swelling that can turn malignant, in an unspayed cat. Not being spayed is one of the two biggest risk factors for feline mammary cancer (obviously, old age is the other one).

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Tippi is growing up so quickly, isn't she?

And do you know she looks stunning against all the rugs and throws you have around the house.  Cat and interior, perfectly coordinated.