Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

So this Yoga class is going to kill me.  I thought I had no stomach muscles, but I have a few and they all ache.  Along with my shoulders and gluts.  It's been so hot here I've been walking/jogging in the pool.  But it doesn't register on my pedometer (clipped to the top of my suit) unless I move my arms.  Last night I was so sore I could barely lay down in my bed.    Maybe I should move my arms above the water instead of through it.  Not even going to try for 10,000 steps today.
Are you doing a walk challenge? I'm doing through work called the Global Corporate Challenge
I get at least 20,000 steps daily, mostly from work and whatever steps I get on the ftiness center treadmill to get my count over 20,000.

There are many suggestions you can find online on how to increse your steps Here's one: http://wellness.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/living/100waystoaddsteps.pdf

Took another picture of Emma's FORL. Compred to the first picture, the redness has expanded a bit further along the gums
I'll send the picture to the vet just to keep him up to date.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat, I totally get that crying so much that you're dehydrated thing.

Been busy the last few days. I feel a bit like I'm fighting off a bug. My throat feels achy and the last few days I've felt achy all over. My 401k loan came through, so been paying bills and finally got myself insured and bonded for my business! That was one of my "big hurdles" if you will. I'm really glad to get that one out of the way. Finally taking the car in tomorrow and then Maple goes to the vet Friday morning. THAT is going to be fun - not! At least I'm off on Friday again.
So I need a pet sitter next March... I really think you are going to be successful. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
whatever happened while I was gone? I lost my access to e-mail through Google Chrome, I had to get back into it through Internet Explorer, at least this works. But when I tried to answer to a post here it asked me to "sign in" possibly through Facebook  but that did not work either, said it was an "old password over 6 months old". I finally found a way back in although I don't remember the steps I took. Has anyone had a problem with Google Chrome and Outlook? Apparently that is world-wide and has been going on for a few weeks, it just hit me 2 days ago, and no, I am not going to read all these posts of two days.  

They are going to paint my building. That means tomorrow they will "powerwash" it, first the breezeway, then the two outside walls and the underground garage and all the cars will have to be out of there and parked in the street.. After that they will paint, I assume with spray paint. My patio is enclosed so I will not have to move anything out of there, they will tape plastic all over the windows but all the potted plants on the breezeway walkway will be covered up with plastic, the  grocery cart I keep between my front door and the security door has to come inside because the front door will also be pressure washed through the security door. It's a mess but it could be worse.   

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ruby jumped the dog gate and since no one was growling or hissing I let her hang out for a bit. Everyone did well. Minor hissing from Angua which made Ruby nervous, but everyone seemed to be doing okay.

View media item 364512
View media item 364513
Ruby hid in a box when she got scared so I retrieved her and took her back to her safe room. 

View media item 364515
She already wants to come back out now.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are you doing a walk challenge? I'm doing through work called the Global Corporate Challenge
I get at least 20,000 steps daily, mostly from work and whatever steps I get on the ftiness center treadmill to get my count over 20,000.

There are many suggestions you can find online on how to increse your steps Here's one: http://wellness.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/living/100waystoaddsteps.pdf

Took another picture of Emma's FORL. Compred to the first picture, the redness has expanded a bit further along the gums
I'll send the picture to the vet just to keep him up to date.
Thanks for the link.  No it's not for a challenge.  It's part of my goal to get healthy and get my thyroid more normal.  I read I should walk 10,000 steps, do a low impact activity for an hour a day, do something for stress relief twice a week and lift weights twice a week.  I need to work on all of these.

@Tallyollyopia I would have walked this morning but the Yoga class started at 9:15.  I was productive, made beef bone broth (still simmering on the stove), had breakfast, took a shower and walked Eclipse before yoga.  It has finally cooled down but we have dinner late and I spent 5:30 - 6:30 in the pool, then had to walk Eclipse again after I got out.  He's so cute, it's hard to say no.

tige321

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@____@ I have an account here from 2011 and I don't know why. Hello everyone,I am a fellow cat enthusiast,which I grasp is relevant to this web page. @___@

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

@____@ I have an account here from 2011 and I don't know why. Hello everyone,I am a fellow cat enthusiast,which I grasp is relevant to this web page. @___@
Welcome, even if you don't know how you got here!
 If you love cats, you are in the right place.   If you'd like to tell us about your cats, we'd love to hear about them.  

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks for the link.  No it's not for a challenge.  It's part of my goal to get healthy and get my thyroid more normal.  I read I should walk 10,000 steps, do a low impact activity for an hour a day, do something for stress relief twice a week and lift weights twice a week.  I need to work on all of these.
Walking is great low impact exercise and helps with stress
It's pretty easy to get 10,000 steps a day, IMO. As long as you aren't sitting on your butt on a sofa channel surfing the tv all day, every little movement counts towards the step goal. Where do you wear the pedometer? I find that sometimes a pedometer doesn't count steps if you're wearing it on your hip or wrist. I keep mine clipped onto my sock to be sure to get all my steps accounted for. I'm taking a de-stress workshop at work right now. We've done breathing exercises / meditation so far. Coloring is great for de-stressing 

How is yoga class? I've been thinking of taking a beginners class for awhile but haven't found one that has affordable classes at times that work for me.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Tallyollyopia I would have walked this morning but the Yoga class started at 9:15.  I was productive, made beef bone broth (still simmering on the stove), had breakfast, took a shower and walked Eclipse before yoga.  It has finally cooled down but we have dinner late and I spent 5:30 - 6:30 in the pool, then had to walk Eclipse again after I got out.  He's so cute, it's hard to say no.
Eh, life happens, and it's good that you have trouble saying no to your kitty Eclipse. 
 Cats help make life great.

Congrats! 
 Welcome back to TCS! 

I had a rough night at work and none of the kitties want to cuddle with me
 (They all want to go outside to play while it's cool.)

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
So I need a pet sitter next March... I really think you are going to be successful. 
Are you willing to pay for air fare? :lol3:

My little ones today decided the outside was absolutely FASCINATING. And were looking out the door while the garbage was being taken out. I don't want them being even REMOTELY interested in going out! At least with Lucky and Sara, they were older and Sara we learned would come when called. Lucky never left the property. The kittens though? Omg, I have no idea. And I've seen Oliver get out when it was cold out - he absolutely FREAKED so not too worried about him. Oscar though? Omg.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
waiting for the appointment at 1pm. we leave in 90 min. she laid outside on the deck but i shooed her in the house as its 75 now and i dont want her dehydrated. just waiting. she sneezed this morning. she drank water and last night she bite some kibble out of my hand. i think we have dental issues going on. gave her pepcid and cerenia last night. didnt do more fluids. today they are doing ultasound. her mouth stinks to me. i smell something rotting in there. none of the other vets would smell it. they thought i was weird. maybe the cerenia pain killing properties were buying us some time but now they dont work? she keeps sniffing the food. we have 3 other anti nausea meds to try. 2 are injectible and will see if new vet will treat accordingly. she is comfortable and not restless anymore but i can tell she is tired from not eating. she gave me a good stool this morning which i will bring incase they want to test it for something. fell asleep at 10 last night and woke up at 5. been up since. i just want this to be over with. either lets find the reason for this or let her go. i am more and more leaning on letting her go at this point but Jon says its my cat do what you want which really means no dont put her down. last night he said he would be sad if Floey dies. I said I am sorry but it will be the kindest thing to do if we dont find out how to fix this soon. So lets send this vet positive thoughts/prayers that we find an answer for what is going on. doesnt mean its treatable but at least we wont be shooting in the dark. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
waiting for the appointment at 1pm. we leave in 90 min. she laid outside on the deck but i shooed her in the house as its 75 now and i dont want her dehydrated. just waiting. she sneezed this morning. she drank water and last night she bite some kibble out of my hand. i think we have dental issues going on. gave her pepcid and cerenia last night. didnt do more fluids. today they are doing ultasound. her mouth stinks to me. i smell something rotting in there. none of the other vets would smell it. they thought i was weird. maybe the cerenia pain killing properties were buying us some time but now they dont work? she keeps sniffing the food. we have 3 other anti nausea meds to try. 2 are injectible and will see if new vet will treat accordingly. she is comfortable and not restless anymore but i can tell she is tired from not eating. she gave me a good stool this morning which i will bring incase they want to test it for something. fell asleep at 10 last night and woke up at 5. been up since. i just want this to be over with. either lets find the reason for this or let her go. i am more and more leaning on letting her go at this point but Jon says its my cat do what you want which really means no dont put her down. last night he said he would be sad if Floey dies. I said I am sorry but it will be the kindest thing to do if we dont find out how to fix this soon. So lets send this vet positive thoughts/prayers that we find an answer for what is going on. doesnt mean its treatable but at least we wont be shooting in the dark. 

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :vibes:

I understand how hard it is to not know what is going on. I do hope they figure it out. Does Floey seem miserable? If you were to look at her objectively (which I know is difficult right now), would you say she's miserable or relatively content? Or do you have anyone that is objective that could help you with that? Honestly, that is ultimately a big decision maker for me with my cats. Be VERY SPECIFIC when talking to the vet. Hopefully they will be listening and taking lots of notes. Tell them specifically when you are smelling in her mouth, and be descriptive. Tell them any odd behaviors (any hovering over food/water bowls? etc).

Thinking good thoughts for you and Floey.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes she is content. She has been sleeping curled up now instead of sitting meatloafed. She stares outside. She walks around. Keeps sniffing dishes. I almost gave her cypro last night for appetite but I didn't want too many drugs swimming around her blood. I think its possible the dental gingevitis is bothering her more. She sneezed three times this morning. So hopefuuly this new vet will let us try compounded doxycycline (sp?) as I think there is something else going on. The vet who we saw on Monday said we were not giving it enough time for the Convenia to work and said it does help for upper respiratory infections. I said no it only treats skin lesion bacteria. Well whatever. We will leave in 45 minutes. Hopefully I dont get lost. I printed out directions and it looks like I just stay on 495 until I get to route 2 and go left down route 2 for a bit.  I checked out the outside of the building on google maps-the inside of the place looks much nicer than the outside. well we shall see!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I ordered Ruby her own personalized collar like the other two cats have so soon she won't have to wear Carrot's old ID tag.
When it arrives, please post a pic so we can see Ruby with her brand new tag! 

All I can say is, good luck. 
 We're all here for you. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
@foxxycat  - You and Floey will be in my thoughts today.  I hope the drive goes smoothly and you end up getting hopeful news at the new vets.  Fingers crossed that you and Floey both feel better after this visit.  

t9[javpfj[af    a0e [  -  That is from Chula and it is a secret kitty message for Floey.  

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hoping the vet can help Floey

Another hot day again
If it's too hot I may stay inside for lunch.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you willing to pay for air fare?

My little ones today decided the outside was absolutely FASCINATING. And were looking out the door while the garbage was being taken out. I don't want them being even REMOTELY interested in going out! At least with Lucky and Sara, they were older and Sara we learned would come when called. Lucky never left the property. The kittens though? Omg, I have no idea. And I've seen Oliver get out when it was cold out - he absolutely FREAKED so not too worried about him. Oscar though? Omg.
By the time we get done trying to bribe the old sitter that might be an option.  Mook got a bird through the screen yesterday. It flew off but it looked like she hooked her claws in a wing. She has been insufferable since.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat any news on Floey yet?

Yes, I am a couch potato and trying to change my situation.   My issues (IBS?) are getting better since February when I quit eating gluten and then got even better when I began the whole30 the end of May.  I ate something yesterday that has me home today.  I had a couple of things that I don't normally eat.  Namely a Hersey bar w/almonds. I also had a brat, but I had one a couple weeks ago w/o issues - this one was the same brand but their healthier option.  I also had one of Kim's yummy GF brownies that I had eaten before - same recipe,  but this was made with a different brand almond flour.    I suspect it adds up over a couple of days.  I had a Magnum Mini Ice Cream bar the day before yesterday and one the day before that.  I need to figure this out before I find a job!

I did survive my Yoga class!  Only really sore when I lift my legs too high.  Guess that's the groin muscle people talk about pulling.  I didn't know I had that one either. 
  We'll see what new muscles will make themselves known after tomorrow's class.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not good. Floey has a huge tumor wrapped around her kidney and surrounding organs. They agreed no exploratory surgery. They sent home with palliative care meds. I havent decided when to send her to the Bridge. Probably Sat. Jon insists she is fine. I am not going to listen to him. If the pred doesn't help and she isn't eating then I have to do the right thing. This is what I feared. Her colon n small intestine had many nodules and very thickened layer he suspects is lymphoma. He said image an orange pulled apart. Its around the kidney and surrounding areas. She purred when he did the ultrasound. I said that's her pain purr. So I know it hurts and I know I have to do it because Jon would let her lay there. He's not strong enough like I am. Pray for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.