Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to adjust our whole wardrobes around our cats. Finding a material that is comfortable, easy to care for and sheds cat hair is difficult. Even if I find something that works, the style is usually awful.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953 It's a fact! Photos on ID is never going to look good, i don't know why do they look like this? But I'm pretty sure that they just modified them to look bad and it has nothing related to our real look.
I have an awful feeling that I might have looked just that bad this morning, but I am going to take what you said as the highest truth! 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953 It's a fact! Photos on ID is never going to look good, i don't know why do they look like this? But I'm pretty sure that they just modified them to look bad and it has nothing related to our real look.
This is so true for me! I only have a good picture on my current ID. I don't want to have to renew it since this is literally the only good picture I have ever seen on my ID. My dad's drivers license photos always were terrible since he worked night shift and would go into the DOL after work. He would have huge bags under his eyes and be unshaven. One cop who saw it congratulated him on "getting clean" since the photo. He thought that the picture was of him when he was a drug addict. It was that bad.

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seamus is the long haired bkondie. He is directly in front of the fireplace. He's crazy. It's 76 degrees in my house. If I had his fur, I'd be out on the patio cooling off.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is Seamus! He's the most gentle cat. He even has a very low meow. He follows me everywhere. He even knows where I'm going and will run ahead of me. He's a sweetie pie!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wormed 6 cats over two days with Advantage Multi after one started scratching his ears, I don't need an epidemic of ear mites to start my spring! I figured I'd worm, deflea and a demite all at the same time, so far so good, no reactions at all! My feral tom Russell, wasn't too happy with me messing with his neck, good thing I'm quick, he left in a huff.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my friend's (24F) mother just gave birth to a baby. Can you imagine having a sister old enough to be your mom? Anyone else have siblings with huge age gaps?

Last edited:

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, after all my complaints about the weather today, this evening is just perfect. Perfectly clear, blue sky, the sun is setting and the is no wind at all. The temperature even got to 50 degrees.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my friend's (24F) mother just gave birth to a baby. Can you imagine having a sister old enough to be your mom? Anyone else have siblings with huge age gaps?
My fiance is 25. His mom has three children under four years old. It is extremely odd. They're more like nephews than they are brothers. My sister's boyfriend has the same sort of thing going on. He is a little younger and has two sisters that are babies. His parents divorced and both remarried and had a baby girl. 

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ask you: why, if the cats know that doing so will result in me clipping their fur to rid them of it, do they insist on rolling in tree sap? It makes no sense to me! I know they don't enjoy having their fur clipped, and I know they can't remove the tree sap themselves, but they still rub against it getting it all over them!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I ask you: why, if the cats know that doing so will result in me clipping their fur to rid them of it, do they insist on rolling in tree sap? It makes no sense to me! I know they don't enjoy having their fur clipped, and I know they can't remove the tree sap themselves, but they still rub against it getting it all over them!
Cats don't learn well from mistakes? I'm not entirely sure. Maybe they're irresistably drawn to them. My cat, Carrot, is in love with evergreen ferns. Whenever I take him outside, he tries to eat them. They're supposed to be poisinous so I don't let him. If he does get one, he throws up after he swallows it. Doesn't stop him from doing it again and again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
fhicat fhicat

When I was much younger, my first boyfriend was a 23-year-old Catholic guy. He was #3 of 10 kids. The youngest was 10 years old. Meanwhile, my boyfriend's oldest sister had 2 kids, and she'd been pregnant with her first at the same time their mom was pregnant with the youngest of her clan!

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@FhiCat

When I was much younger, my first boyfriend was a 23-year-old Catholic guy. He was #3 of 10 kids. The youngest was 10 years old. Meanwhile, my boyfriend's oldest sister had 2 kids, and she'd been pregnant with her first at the same time their mom was pregnant with the youngest of her clan!
My fiance's sisters have children the same age as their mother's boys. It is so weird. I would be upset if my mom was having kids now.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cats don't learn well from mistakes? I'm not entirely sure. Maybe they're irresistably drawn to them. My cat, Carrot, is in love with evergreen ferns. Whenever I take him outside, he tries to eat them. They're supposed to be poisinous so I don't let him. If he does get one, he throws up after he swallows it. Doesn't stop him from doing it again and again.
See? Another behavior that makes no sense. You'd think that amount of negative biological feedback (the vomiting) he would stop trying to eat them. You'd think, given how they mewl like I'm beating them, my cats would stop getting tree sap in their fur! I don't know--maybe it's like that woman on House who was allergic to shellfish but couldn't stop eating it. (Although I would like to think that if I turned that particular shade of red, swelled up like my skin was too small, and had trouble eating every single time I ate shellfish I'd  stop eating them no matter how good they taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.