Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my. I go more than 24 hours without logging in, and miss the next milestone.

Been not in the best frame of mind the last few days. It's the two month anniversary of Sara's passing today. I remember clear as day looking her in the eyes and telling her how much I loved her as I said goodbye. I didn't even do that with Lucky, but I did with her. *kisses to heaven*

My head's all kinds of fuzzy right now. Sinus pressure today isn't helping because it's making me feel like I need to cry even more than I already do. My frustration over work is coming to a peak and not really sure how it will end up. I'm having a harder and harder time holding back those frustrations. Had a long talk with my boss about it yesterday. So yeah, kinda feel like I'm losing my mind a bit.

And my toilet isn't working right. The tank is taking forever to fill up, and it's not filling all the way up. I'm having to pour extra water into the tank to get a decent flush out of it. I don't have the extra money on hand to call the plumber at this time either.

On the plus side, the orientation at the cat shelter in the city is on Thursday. I'm going to that and then going to a free show afterwards, and then off until next Wednesday.

Yeah if it was still sunny i would have opened the car door and took him to the front of the store where it was shady then walk inside the mall screaming my head off. but luckily for the idiot the clouds came and some rain spit a few times. I have no problem speaking up for the defenseless. a year ago I would have slunk away ticked off at the idiot. I am trying to be more assertive and do something about things I see wrong. In mass they just passed a law 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...-break-hot-car/?cid=facebook_WBZ_|_CBS_Boston

THIS we need NATION WIDE!

Donutte=I am so sorry about your baby leaving. Sending you hugs. I hope you let yourself cry for a few minutes. Its a big deal because she was your baby. It's ok to let go and cry. Or yell. I am also sorry to hear that work is starting to be a pain in your side. I hope you get some sleep tonight and maybe soon you feel better. Sending you hugs,

also-about the toilet=

google your problem-you may be able to fix it yourself=the hardware stores sell toilet fix kits=you can ask at the store and i bet someone will know how to fix it. I bet its something silly inside the tank. Did you take the cover off and look inside? Sometimes the chain for the handle may cause issues-its clean water-put your hand in there as  you flush and see if you see anything obstructing the hole at the bottom of the tank to flush-maybe something fixable? sometimes just speaking to someone at the hardware store may get you in contact with someone who could help you and not expect a huge payment. worth a shot.
Aw, I'm so sorry you're having an especially hard time about Sara right now.  She was such a sweetheart.  You really took such terrific care of her - she was lucky to have you for a human mom.

When things go bad at work it really is time to leave while you can still force yourself to do the job.  Job problems are awful, they tend to cast a pall over the rest of life, which is really unfair since when you're not there you need to be recharging.  At least that's been my experience.  When one part of my job went bad, it affected every aspect of it - all the enjoyment just drifted away.  I really, really, really hope you get this resolved soon so you can get back to enjoying life.

Re: the toilet - I agree with @foxxycat  - consider fixing it yourself.  Once you figure out what's wrong, there are youtube videos for how to do just about anything.  

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Been not in the best frame of mind the last few days. It's the two month anniversary of Sara's passing today. I remember clear as day looking her in the eyes and telling her how much I loved her as I said goodbye. I didn't even do that with Lucky, but I did with her. *kisses to heaven*

My head's all kinds of fuzzy right now. Sinus pressure today isn't helping because it's making me feel like I need to cry even more than I already do. My frustration over work is coming to a peak and not really sure how it will end up. I'm having a harder and harder time holding back those frustrations. Had a long talk with my boss about it yesterday. So yeah, kinda feel like I'm losing my mind a bit.

And my toilet isn't working right. The tank is taking forever to fill up, and it's not filling all the way up. I'm having to pour extra water into the tank to get a decent flush out of it. I don't have the extra money on hand to call the plumber at this time either.

On the plus side, the orientation at the cat shelter in the city is on Thursday. I'm going to that and then going to a free show afterwards, and then off until next Wednesday.
Go to a place like Home Depot. In fact instead of just describing you can show them some video. It's likely an adjustment. If you tank has  shut off valve on the outside or you can turn your water off you can replace the entire insides at minimal cost.

I'm going to assume the water pressure in the rest of your home is normal ?

It's been a rough week for me too. Mercy has a dental on the 29th. 7 month anniversary of Kitten's loss. And how can it all see like just yesterday. Time is a promise that it's going to hurt less. Just Hugs. We do the best we can and just carry on.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I hope you get some sleep Margd tonight. got the fan on and no ac. its not bad now. Ok going to bed soon. want to read for a few. The babble thread seems slow today or maybe I am too zippy.,
Since I slept all day, I figure I'll be up all night!  

Earlier Paul wouldn't eat his dinner, which was the first time since he moved in and became my big boy.  He's usually right on the spot, supervising while I open the can and fill the bowls.  Once the bowls are on the floor, he eats a little, goes over and inspects Chula's bowl to make sure she doesn't have something more interesting, and then goes back and gobbles down the rest of his own.  Tonight he ignored dinner completely.  I worried, of course, imagining all kinds of dreadful things so after a couple of hours, I took his bowl to him where he was asleep on an ottoman.  He condescended to eat, as long as I placed the bowl on the ottoman with him.  I believe I have just been conned into serving someone dinner in bed.  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yep did this for floey tonight. we have to get to the vets soon. she is hiding more than usual. she didnt eat until i hand fed her. she is 17 so she is allowed a few bad days before i panick. the heat bothers her. she is sleeping on the kitchen chair now.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Since I slept all day, I figure I'll be up all night!  

Earlier Paul wouldn't eat his dinner, which was the first time since he moved in and became my big boy.  He's usually right on the spot, supervising while I open the can and fill the bowls.  Once the bowls are on the floor, he eats a little, goes over and inspects Chula's bowl to make sure she doesn't have something more interesting, and then goes back and gobbles down the rest of his own.  Tonight he ignored dinner completely.  I worried, of course, imagining all kinds of dreadful things so after a couple of hours, I took his bowl to him where he was asleep on an ottoman.  He condescended to eat, as long as I placed the bowl on the ottoman with him.  I believe I have just been conned into serving someone dinner in bed.  
My nutty sleep patters sometimes throw my cats off.  Mook will just malinger around though Mercy will pick up the slack and play pat Mommy on the cheek.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah if it was still sunny i would have opened the car door and took him to the front of the store where it was shady then walk inside the mall screaming my head off. but luckily for the idiot the clouds came and some rain spit a few times. I have no problem speaking up for the defenseless. a year ago I would have slunk away ticked off at the idiot. I am trying to be more assertive and do something about things I see wrong. In mass they just passed a law 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...-break-hot-car/?cid=facebook_WBZ_|_CBS_Boston

THIS we need NATION WIDE!

Donutte=I am so sorry about your baby leaving. Sending you hugs. I hope you let yourself cry for a few minutes. Its a big deal because she was your baby. It's ok to let go and cry. Or yell. I am also sorry to hear that work is starting to be a pain in your side. I hope you get some sleep tonight and maybe soon you feel better. Sending you hugs,

also-about the toilet=

google your problem-you may be able to fix it yourself=the hardware stores sell toilet fix kits=you can ask at the store and i bet someone will know how to fix it. I bet its something silly inside the tank. Did you take the cover off and look inside? Sometimes the chain for the handle may cause issues-its clean water-put your hand in there as  you flush and see if you see anything obstructing the hole at the bottom of the tank to flush-maybe something fixable? sometimes just speaking to someone at the hardware store may get you in contact with someone who could help you and not expect a huge payment. worth a shot.
Okay, I'm going to tell you a funny story. Part of our toilet, the pipes that go into the wall, sprung a leak. AWM researched how to fix it (from Youtube). Turned out that the thing we needed was a blowtorch (which is how we had one when I went to make that minion in an ice drop for AWM's birthday--not that it worked at that moment) so she went to Home Depot to buy one. The pipes to the toilet are exceptionally close to the wall--total amount of pipe between the toilet and the wall is ten inches. That's not a lot of room for error, so I was on the phone to everyone I knew going, "If the house burns down, can I go live with you?" (The answer, unilaterally, was a resounding no.) Anyway, when the sales associate of Home Depot was explaining to AWM the difference between the torches, I asked her the same thing I was on the phone asking other people.

AWM shook her head and said, "The house is not  going to burn down." Then she looked at the sales associate and said, "But if it does, we'll be the one on the news that looks like a marshmallow."

I hope you feel better, both physically and emotionally, soon. Lots of 

Go to a place like Home Depot. In fact instead of just describing you can show them some video. It's likely an adjustment. If you tank has  shut off valve on the outside or you can turn your water off you can replace the entire insides at minimal cost.

I'm going to assume the water pressure in the rest of your home is normal ?

It's been a rough week for me too. Mercy has a dental on the 29th. 7 month anniversary of Kitten's loss. And how can it all see like just yesterday. Time is a promise that it's going to hurt less. Just Hugs. We do the best we can and just carry on.
 Going on is the only thing we can do. 

margd

Veteran
Purraise

yep did this for floey tonight. we have to get to the vets soon. she is hiding more than usual. she didnt eat until i hand fed her. she is 17 so she is allowed a few bad days before i panick. the heat bothers her. she is sleeping on the kitchen chair now.
I hope this is just the heat bothering Floey.  I always worry when they get up in years and stop eating, but if she's eating when hand fed, that's a good sign.  You'll have to keep everyone updated on how she does.

Okay, I'm going to tell you a funny story. Part of our toilet, the pipes that go into the wall, sprung a leak. AWM researched how to fix it (from Youtube). Turned out that the thing we needed was a blowtorch (which is how we had one when I went to make that minion in an ice drop for AWM's birthday--not that it worked at that moment) so she went to Home Depot to buy one. The pipes to the toilet are exceptionally close to the wall--total amount of pipe between the toilet and the wall is ten inches. That's not a lot of room for error, so I was on the phone to everyone I knew going, "If the house burns down, can I go live with you?" (The answer, unilaterally, was a resounding no.) Anyway, when the sales associate of Home Depot was explaining to AWM the difference between the torches, I asked her the same thing I was on the phone asking other people.

AWM shook her head and said, "The house is not  going to burn down." Then she looked at the sales associate and said, "But if it does, we'll be the one on the news that looks like a marshmallow."

I hope you feel better, both physically and emotionally, soon. Lots of 

Going on is the only thing we can do. 
Probably your mistake was in giving potential hosts/hostesses time to think.  The secret is to show up on their doorstep covered in soot.  Once they say you can stay, then you zip outside and bring in the cat carriers.  
  (I am just kidding of course.)  

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have a point there! 

And now, just because, a little more in Magic School and Egg.

“I don't—think so,” said Yarey hesitantly. “Before the journey here I never left my uncle's estate.”

“Hmm.” The young woman circled Yarey for a moment, examining her. “I still swear I've seen you somewhere before. Maybe I'll remember later. Do you fight?”

“Excuse me?” asked Yarey nervously as the young woman began circling her again.

“Do you fight? I can't help but notice you keep your balance centered when you move. The only other people I've seen do that are dancers.”

Ban'cha slowly got up and watched the two females. “Who are you?” he asked the young woman.

She turned to look at Ban'cha and then rolled her eyes. “There I go again, getting excited and forgetting my manners. My name's Shysera. And this is my soulling, Oskald.” Until it moved and flipped a pair of wings at the two of them, Yarey had assumed that the dark purple thing was a scarf of some kind.

“My name's Yarey.”

“I'm Ban'cha.” He regarded the young woman, Shysera, warily. “You don't look Artasurn,” he added.

Yarey wondered what he meant by that as the Shysera laughed. “My mother was. I was named after my dead Grandma.” She grinned at the two of them. “It's an old tradition in my family. After all, it means people don't have to remember more than a half dozen names at a time.”

Oskald tapped one of Shysera's ears. “Aren't you on kitchen duty today?” the soulling asked in voice that sounded too deep to come from something so small. “You'll get in trouble if you're late.”

“Oh!” gasped Shysera. She grinned sheepishly at the two potential students. “I've got to run; I can't afford more demerits. Later!” She ran off.

“I wonder what she's being punished for,” said Ban'cha.

Yarey nodded. “Yeah.” She looked at him curiously, and shyly. If her cousins were anything to go by, boys didn't like to be protected by girls. “Are you all right?” she asked.

He wiped the side of his mouth as he looked around the area. “I'm fine.” Then he looked at her. “You don't mind that I'm a fairy?”

Once again she noticed that his accent had vanished. Now he was speaking as proper as the tutors sent to teach her and her cousins had insisted they speak. “Why should I?” she asked him curiously.

He dropped to fiddle with a rock on the ground. “Because everyone knows that fairies are sly and treacherous,” he growled. “Because everyone knows—”

“I don't,” Yarey interrupted. When he looked up she clarified, “Know, that is.”

Suddenly Ban'cha laughed and jumped back to his feet flying almost three feet off the ground. “That's true,” he said. He put his free arm around Yarey's shoulders. “You don't know. And I'm not, anyway.”

Remembering several afternoons spent sneaking pastries from under Cook's nose Yarey murmured, “There's nothing wrong with being sly. Sometimes.” When he looked at her she flushed and looked down. “I like cherry pastries, and Cook did them well.”

Ban'cha laughed. “I know people who say filching sweets is not only expected, but mandatory. After all, sweets are made to be eaten, right?”

Yarey couldn't help but giggle. “True.”

“Well,” said a snide voice that Yarey recognized. She looked up to see Ueni glaring at the two of them. Ban'cha released her shoulder and took a step away as Ueni paced closer to them. “So, you're a fairy,” she sneered. “Of course you are. I should have known that from your smell.”

Yarey had just been in close contact with Ban'cha, and she hadn't noticed any kind of smell. “You're not in uniform,” she pointed out redundantly as Ueni paced forward in her fashionable black boots.

Ueni sniffed as the blackness on the egg she was holding—swirled. The sight made Yarey and Ban'cha back up a step. Ueni didn't appear to notice. “I will not wear second-hand clothes,” she said. “I will wait for a new outfit to be made just for me.” She brushed past the two of them as they watched warily.

“That,” said Ban'cha as Ueni walked off, “is seriously messed up.”

“What do you see?” asked Yarey. She'd heard that fairies had a different sense of sight than humans, and she wondered if he was seeing something she wasn't.

Before Ban'cha could answer a loud bell tolled twice. A young man, about Shysera's age, jogged up to them and paused, jogging in place. “It's lunch time kids!” he told them before continuing on his way.

Ban'cha suddenly chuckled. “Dunno 'bout you,” he said slipping back into his earlier accent, “but I'm starvin'!”

Yarey giggled as she walked beside Ban'cha followed in the footsteps of the jogging young man. Soon enough they saw a crowd of people swarming towards a large building that looked like a spiked snail shell set on its side. “Who designs these buildings?” asked Ban'cha in awe.

“According to Rarta, graduated students,” Yarey said as they got in line with others. Back when she started helping out in the stables she learned to watch what other people were doing before doing the same. She put that to work in the building. She fell into line with Ban'cha behind her and watched as the person in front of her picked up a white tray.

The tray looked like it was made of ceramic—but it was too light, and it felt flexible instead of hard and brittle. What was it made of? Why was it white? She remembered Shysera saying something about kitchen duty and wondered, was it easy to clean?

“Hey,” Ban'cha said elbowing her in the ribs. “Food's callin'.”

“Oh, right,” said Yarey as she put her tray down on the metal rail and looked at the stuff behind the glass barrier. She'd never seen most of it before. There were different types of bread, odd pies filled with vegetables and meat, and odd crispy brown dishes that she'd never seen before.

“Not used to this kind of fare, Dearie?” asked the gentle-looking elderly woman behind the counter.

“No, Madam,” said Yarey politely.

The elderly woman nodded, put a slice of the meat pie, crispy brown stuff, and a small round of bread. “Used to trenchers, are you?” she asked. Yarey nodded as the woman handed the plate to her over the glass. “Well, you'll like that.”

“Thank you,” said Yarey as she moved on.

“And what does such a beautiful maiden recommend for a humble traveler, such as myself?” asked Ban'cha.

The elderly woman chuckled. “And what a charmer you are,” she said as she loaded a plate almost identical to Yarey's—Ban'cha didn't have meat pie, but extra bread instead.

The two of them moved up the line. “Can you not eat meat?” Yarey asked curiously.

“Well—meat makes some—things happen,” said Ban'cha with a nervous laugh. “Please don't ask anymore,” he begged.

“All right,” said Yarey as they reached a young woman who was checking the food on people's trays. When the purple scarf opened yellow eyes to look at them she said, “Hello again, Shysera.”

Shysera, looking very different in a leather apron with a cloth band around her head to keep sweat from getting in food (Cook had worn much the same thing back home), grinned at them. “Well, I see the two of you found the food hall.” She took note of their trays and then deposited spoons on the trays. “Another one that can't eat meat, eh?” she asked Ban'cha. “Well, the bread is delicious here, and you can get seconds if you need them.”

“Thanks,” said Ban'cha as the two of them turned towards the room full of long tables with three-legged stools instead of four legged backed chairs.

Well, Yarey saw several people with long tails, and she supposed that a backed chair would be uncomfortable for them. She thought that was good of whoever made the stools to cater to as many people as possible. She thought it was a good omen for her first day on campus. She wondered if the people with long tails were fairies or soullings; until she'd gotten to the school she hadn't had experience with either.

“Yarey!” a voice called out over the din. She scanned the room and saw Anba waving at her from a table where she and Odandi were sitting. Coincidentally, there were also open chairs across from them.

Yarey and Ban'cha made their way through the room to the table and took seats across from the other two. “This is Ban'cha,” Yarey said making introductions. “Ban'cha, this is Anba and Odandi. They're in my group.”

“Pleased to meet you Ban'cha,” said Odandi formally. Yarey couldn't help but notice that even though she was wearing the school uniform she was still holding herself as though she was in the restrictive court dress.

Yarey didn't have that level of inherent proper posture, but then she'd grown up fighting with her cousins and grabbing for the food that all three of them had liked on informal luncheons in the stable yard. She didn't think, from Odandi's posture, that was a problem the other girl had ever had. Anba was holding herself in much the same way, although Anba appeared to be more relaxed that Odandi.

For a moment Yarey wondered what life would have been like if she'd been raised as a proper young lady, the way the tutor seemed to think that she should have been. Would she have been a graceful, kind person like Odandi? Or would she have been a spoiled, entitled brat like Ueni?

Speaking of Ueni... “Have you seen Ueni?” she asked as she began eating her food. The pie was very tasty; it tasted like it had been made with venison, pork, and rabbit meat.

“Oh, you should have heard the yelling when she refused to even bring a uniform to the dorm to change into,” said Anba softly, just loud enough to be heard at the table. “I thought Rarta was going to smack her.”

“A young lady is not supposed to indulge in gossip,” said Odandi. She shot Anba a glare. “I do not believe that the teachers are allowed to strike the students,” she said formally, still moving with brittle grace as she ate.

“Except for the weaponsmaster,” Yarey felt obliged to point out. The others looked at her and she ducked her heat towards her food. “The weaponsmaster has to be able to strike, or he can't teach.”

“That's true,” said Ban'cha thoughtfully as he swallowed a bite of bread. “On the practice ground the weaponsmaster outranks everyone.” He took another bite of his small round of bread. “Oh, these are good,” he said to Yarey. “Try wiping the pie gravy up with it.”

Yarey followed his advice and found that the spices of the gravy blended perfectly with the small round of bread.

“Either way,” said Odandi, “a young lady is not supposed to indulge in gossip.” She shot Anba a glare.

Anba swallowed her mouth of food before answering. “Oh, shove off,” she said casually. “We're not at home, and we're not proper young ladies here. Here we're students.”

“Potential students,” corrected Ban'cha with a grin.

“Doesn't matter,” Anba said dismissively. “Either we pass our test or we don't, either way we're not going home again.”

“I've heard that some people get sent home,” Yarey offered for the conversation.

“True, and how many? One, maybe two out of each group of potential students?”

“More than that actually.” Yarey turned to see Shysera, back in her normal uniform.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone in my house went to bed at 8 pm for some reason. Even the cats. It is weirdly quiet and still blatantly sunny outside.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Everyone in my house went to bed at 8 pm for some reason. Even the cats. It is weirdly quiet and still blatantly sunny outside.
Maybe there's a massive storm on the way and they know it's better to sleep anyway? I'm just guessing here. 

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I see fireflies, I think of my Meuzette. The only time I saw the kitten in her come out was when she was chasing fireflies.
Hope your aphids are gone.
Good on you to the one who lost the weight[emoji]128521[/emoji]

margd

Veteran
Purraise
When I see fireflies, I think of my Meuzette. The only time I saw the kitten in her come out was when she was chasing fireflies.
Hope your aphids are gone.
Good on you to the one who lost the weight[emoji]128521[/emoji]
Aw.  Sweet Meuzette. She must have been adorable.

This is true of adults, too!  I have this wonderful memory of my cousin, the admiral's wife, forgetting her position and gleefully running around barefoot in the grass chasing fireflies on a summer evening.  

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@hbunny
 I got my milky spore at Home Depot, but you can probably get it at any garden center. You need to apply it in the early spring, when the grubs are hatching.

I just checked with the Illinois Extension service, and it seems that the reason traps are not recommended is based on one study at the University of Kentucky. I'm sorry, but it would take more than that to convince me. I used the traps for a couple of years, and I have very few beetles now. I think they work very well.
I've used the traps before and they really do help. I usually put one in the front yard and one in the back, far away from where thee beetles are chewing. It's been quite a few years, but we've also used Milky Spore.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Floey was feeling a bit better this morning. She is still sensitive on her stomach. I wonder if it is the Miralax giving her gas. I didn't give any today. I will try every other day. This morning she was head butting my legs for food. plus she was getting into the sisters tuna and I wonder if the tuna affects her-the middle cat wont eat anything other than kibble and tuna-tuna has miralax to keep her regular. so looks like every other day. This morning the food dish for both wet and dry was picked at and almost empty. Floey drank the juice from the wet food and went outside to chew on grass. This is her normal routine-every morning beg for food then go outside and drink water on the porch and chew grass. I keep fresh water on the porch. last night it rained so theres nice fresh water for her. When  I left for work she was chomping away. She has always been an outside kitty and at 17 its cruel to not allow her out. she doesn't go far. she is like a dog and trainable. I trained her to stay in the yard. she knows she gets sprayed with the hose if she goes near the street. I tried noise makers and it didn't faze her. only water works. I never spray on them just in their direction. if I had money I would put sprinklers in so they turn on when she gets to a certain point.  I don't use water in the house. just to train to stay in the yard.

by the way sticky as HECK out. I am sweating even with a shower. YUCK. I put a wet clothe on floey yesterday-she didn't like it. Ungrateful brat.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
gotta take Artie in for a check-up this morning. It is just a routine visit with the Internal Medicine doctor. He will be having blood tests also. 

I feel so bad taking him to the Vet. it is at least a 30 minute ride, and he hates it so much. He cries the entire way' from the minute he goes into his carrier. I have found a solution to getting him in it easily, but once in there, he cries, and yowls, so much.

I play classical music in the car for him. I have also found out that he is a bit quieter when I am on a highway. It seems the stops and starts of traffic, the bumpy roads, really upset him; but one on the highway, then he is quieter. 

Also, If I respond to his cries, he cries more.... If I talk to him, he cries. He does love to rub up against my finger when I put it in the carrier slots. 

I really hate to take him to the internal medicine Vet; but she is the one who is handling his IBD. It takes him a few days to get back to normal. sigh....  never mind the cost. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats are all wild this morning. They're running around all over the place on a regular basis flying from cat tower to tower. 

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I've used the traps before and they really do help. I usually put one in the front yard and one in the back, far away from where thee beetles are chewing. It's been quite a few years, but we've also used Milky Spore.
That's what I'm going to try, I'm going to put one away from the flowerbeds so maybe it will draw them away.  I'm going to go see if our Home Depot has the milky spore stuff too this afternoon.  I walked out yesterday evening though and it seems there are much less of them now than there was a week ago, I'm hoping they are going away!!

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise

@hbunny  I got my milky spore at Home Depot, but you can probably get it at any garden center. You need to apply it in the early spring, when the grubs are hatching.

I just checked with the Illinois Extension service, and it seems that the reason traps are not recommended is based on one study at the University of Kentucky. I'm sorry, but it would take more than that to convince me. I used the traps for a couple of years, and I have very few beetles now. I think they work very well.
I'm going today to Home Depot and see if they have it!   Yeah, that's what I read on our UT extension service site too yesterday afternoon.  I am going to get some of those traps while I'm at Home Depot and hang them far away from my roses and shrubs to see if it will draw them that way.  I also read they love soybeans and corn, and we are surrounded by fields, so I'm surprised they are going for my roses instead of hanging out in the farmer's fields.  I posted to someone else a sec ago yesterday evening it seemed like their numbers were greatly diminished on my flowers and my shrubs, so maybe they are going away!

Status
Not open for further replies.