Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Thanks Margd-I will be ok. on another note I cant wait to get out of work. Its been really slow lately. Both ordering stuff and waiting for stuff to get ordered-I just submit wish lists. I have some stuff I have been waiting for 3 months. Nothing moves fast here. Every day we have a few people calling out due to lack of work. So not sure how much longer its going to be like this. We still waiting on news about a contract for India but we have been waiting for this news since Feb. They keep pushing it out a month. And moving people around in the office. Luckily people who work on the floor pretty much know whats their job. Sometimes I go insane with this slow period but I know it will be ok.

Now I have to go grocery shopping for fresh food as I have had to toss most of the salad stuff that we never used...and I will be alone for another 3 days so I am taking advantage of NOT cooking, yesterday ate those deep fried chicken fingers with general taos sauce. man its spicy but so good but must be full of sodium cause I am super thirsty afterwards. I just want to rush home and let the kids out, eat my chicken and oh I have to buy a sprayer for the hose=since the one I have is broken. I should have just ordered it on amazon on sun=it would have been mailed by now without having to go to another store.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The photo is a bit blurry because I was half asleep but the message is clear.  Chula wants me out of bed and playing, STAT!   That purple thing in the photo is one of her toys.  My job is to keep it turned on and I fell down on the job. 
you slacker!  forcing Chula to play with self propelled toys!

Fluffy was meowing at me before 6am this morning.  She wanted the tunnel open but she won't go out until I put out wet food, which she sniffs and walks away from.  then she was back meowing at 7am because her treat toy was empty.  I did get some cute head buts from her while I was in bed.  she rarely comes on the bed with me.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
The photo is a bit blurry because I was half asleep but the message is clear.  Chula wants me out of bed and playing, STAT!   That purple thing in the photo is one of her toys.  My job is to keep it turned on and I fell down on the job. 
At least she doesn't follow you around demanding you wind up a dead bug. What a cute black paw. I wanna play with the jelly bean toes.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So Sweet!! How could you not get up, after seeing this??.....

Glad everyone is safe from the nasty storms...

@LTS3    wishing you the best...((hugs))

Did I forget something?? Yes, 

I forgot to wish Congratulations to the newly married couple!!   Congratulations!!!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storms weren't as nasty as predicted. Yesterday you would have thought Armageddon was coming according to the TV. There were a few tornadoes in rural Illinois, and one place where there was nickel-size hail, but that's all there was. We didn't even get high winds or a lot of thunder and lightening. Those weather people better stop calling wolf so often or people will stop listening to them.

We did get a nice rain from it all, which we badly needed. I took advantage this morning of the soft earth left by the rain and turned over the last of my flower bed and put in the remaining plants. I ought to be back out there pulling up weeds from that soft earth, but I'm tuckered out from this morning and looking forward to a shower and clean clothes.

I took Mingo out for a walk this morning, and he was thrilled. He started chirping as soon as he saw the harness. He seems to know now that the harness means he gets to go outside, like a dog who sees the leash.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

The storms weren't as nasty as predicted. Yesterday you would have thought Armageddon was coming according to the TV. There were a few tornadoes in rural Illinois, and one place where there was nickel-size hail, but that's all there was. We didn't even get high winds or a lot of thunder and lightening. Those weather people better stop calling wolf so often or people will stop listening to them.

We did get a nice rain from it all, which we badly needed. I took advantage this morning of the soft earth left by the rain and turned over the last of my flower bed and put in the remaining plants. I ought to be back out there pulling up weeds from that soft earth, but I'm tuckered out from this morning and looking forward to a shower and clean clothes.

I took Mingo out for a walk this morning, and he was thrilled. He started chirping as soon as he saw the harness. He seems to know now that the harness means he gets to go outside, like a dog who sees the leash.
Weather and local news is the reason I seldom watch a TV show on a local station. I have the weather alerts activated on my phone.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by foxxycat  View media item 356655

Jasmine's latest favorite toy is the yellow plastic wrapper that held on the the lid of a small box of dates.  The angles in it seem to really work for her.  She's willing to play with it by herself, but really thinks I should be involved.  Yesterday I used it to lead her into the kitchen for her supper.  She sniffed the supper, and then went back to the toy.  I guess it's a cat thing.

Oh, good.  I'm glad everyone is okay.  All the talk yesterday was rather worrisome.

I noticed a long time ago that for an accurate weather forecast in Colorado you needed a meteorologist who had grown up here and knew the little quirks the mountains cause, whereas on the East coast TWC seemed able to give accurate and very precise predictions for specific times.  I think perhaps that with climate change all of the meteorologists are finding themselves a bit lost, the way out-of-towners have always been in Denver.

Oh, yes.  And a belated congratulations to @NewYork1303!  I'm so glad it all went well for you.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just inadvertently deleted all of my wretched quotes!  OH NOOOOOOOOOOOZ!  That's it.  I can never take another day off from the babble thread again.  There were at least eight  of them, and I don't remember and I just cannot go back and look again.  Rats,

@Margret  do you happen to know why sometimes what I type goes backward?  I'm doing something on the touchpad, I THINK, but I'm not sure...it's quite frustrating.  And par for my course, come to think of it. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just inadvertently deleted all of my wretched quotes!  OH NOOOOOOOOOOOZ!  That's it.  I can never take another day off from the babble thread again.  There were at least eight  of them, and I don't remember and I just cannot go back and look again.  Rats,

@Margret  do you happen to know why sometimes what I type goes backward?  I'm doing something on the touchpad, I THINK, but I'm not sure...it's quite frustrating.  And par for my course, come to think of it. 
It seems to happen to me when I accidentally hit the control key instead of the shift key, but that's typing, not touchpad, so no, I don't know.  Have you tried control-Z to undo?

Margret

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was having this problem too.  I asked my son who is pretty good with my 'odd' computer quirks.  Turns out I was sliding the heel of my hands on the touch pad while typing.  He showed me the button to turn it off and Eclipse sometimes turns it back on.  I have a mouse hooked up to my computer that I prefer over the touchpad.

I'm on Day 26!! of the Whole 30.  Yay.  Hopefully only 4 more days of listening to my know-it-all sister.  She asked me to do this diet with her and she is not doing it.  She didn't even read the book!  Oh I have so many diet books I know it all already.   She asked me questions and only listens to me to the point that she can chime in and lecture me about what I should be doing and how to do it and she has it so I must have it.  Her current subject is food sensitivities.  I tried to point out to her that she just quit smoking and she drank for years and I have never smoked and haven't had a drink since 1986 and gee wouldn't those contribute to her food sensitivities and how her body reacted.   Does she get the connection and that I don't have food sensitivities NO!  I get the longer lecture on how they could have contributed to them but I must still have them and I need to rotate my diet and blah blah blah.  Then there was the discussion about how I must have food sensitivities because I'm bloated at night and I said no I think it's the FOD-MAP foods which I have been reintroducing during the Whole 30.  Why does she think I'm so stupid.   I should just put the phone down and walk away.  And she wonders why people who thinks are her friends turn out not to be friends after all.  I've told her I'm doing the Whole30 and not the Kate's weird diet but it goes in one ear and out the other.  Aaaarrrrgh!    Sorry she called me twice today.  I am regretting telling her I am staying on this longer than 30 days - she's going to keep calling me to 'tell' me stuff.   I may need to change my number 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to look into this "whole 30" thing. While I'm not into cleanses per se, I would not mind "rebooting" my digestive system. Not sure I can handle a full 30 days though... Maybe 10, lol.

foxxycat foxxycat , I'm so sorry about your friend. When you said vet, did you mean veteran or veterinarian? I ask because someone shared not too long ago on the CKD FB group I'm on a post from a veterinarian, talking about how she lost a colleague to suicide yet again, and all the things they saw and went through that most people don't think about. Regardless though, that's so sad to hear.

It's my FRIDAY! :clap: :9: :woohoo: :beerpals:

I am waaaaay too excited about having tomorrow off. These last two days were very... not fun at work.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to look into this "whole 30" thing. While I'm not into cleanses per se, I would not mind "rebooting" my digestive system. Not sure I can handle a full 30 days though... Maybe 10, lol.

@foxxycat, I'm so sorry about your friend. When you said vet, did you mean veteran or veterinarian? I ask because someone shared not too long ago on the CKD FB group I'm on a post from a veterinarian, talking about how she lost a colleague to suicide yet again, and all the things they saw and went through that most people don't think about. Regardless though, that's so sad to hear.

It's my FRIDAY!

I am waaaaay too excited about having tomorrow off. These last two days were very... not fun at work.
If you make it through the first week, it gets easier.  I have no sugar cravings, no cravings at all for anything.  Last night i cut and served DD's birthday cake, dark chocolate Ghiridelli bar cake that we bought.  It looked good but I wasn't even tempted.  And that was after dinner out when I stayed on it and didn't steal any fries, ribs or pizza.  I'm not losing much weight - well I'm not sure, but my back fat is diminishing.  I'm going to weigh myself on Tuesday morning Day 31.  I have the added complications of being on blood thinners and can't eat some things and I was already doing a low FOD-MAP diet and was just beginning to reintroduce some foods.  

Enjoy your weekend! 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donutte donutte The whole 30 isn't a clense, it's a reset. And you have to commit for the whole 30 days because it will take at least that long for your stomach to heal. Some people take up to a year, but you will feel better and see a lot of improvement in your health, energy and sleep within 30 days. Usually just a couple of weeks. It won't hurt you at all, so jump in and give it a try.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

If you make it through the first week, it gets easier.  I have no sugar cravings, no cravings at all for anything.  Last night i cut and served DD's birthday cake, dark chocolate Ghiridelli bar cake that we bought.  It looked good but I wasn't even tempted.  And that was after dinner out when I stayed on it and didn't steal any fries, ribs or pizza.  I'm not losing much weight - well I'm not sure, but my back fat is diminishing.  I'm going to weigh myself on Tuesday morning Day 31.  I have the added complications of being on blood thinners and can't eat some things and I was already doing a low FOD-MAP diet and was just beginning to reintroduce some foods.  

Enjoy your weekend! 
Before my life got turned into a blender last year I was taking an acia supplement. It totally cut carb craving.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
donutte donutte The whole 30 isn't a clense, it's a reset. And you have to commit for the whole 30 days because it will take at least that long for your stomach to heal. Some people take up to a year, but you will feel better and see a lot of improvement in your health, energy and sleep within 30 days. Usually just a couple of weeks. It won't hurt you at all, so jump in and give it a try.
Hence me saying my digestive system could use a "reboot" :) I have friends always pushing "cleanses". While that lemon water with cayenne always intrigues me, it's only because I want to know what it tastes like. I'd still eat afterwards. But yes, a reboot works. My digestive system is changing, not necessarily for the better, the older I get.

handsome kitty handsome kitty , that sounds great! Glad it's working out so well. Definitely not looking to lose weight, although goodness knows I could stand to drop a few pounds, so sounds like it might be something I can do. I'll look into it.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hence me saying my digestive system could use a "reboot"
I have friends always pushing "cleanses". While that lemon water with cayenne always intrigues me, it's only because I want to know what it tastes like. I'd still eat afterwards. But yes, a reboot works. My digestive system is changing, not necessarily for the better, the older I get.

@Handsome Kitty, that sounds great! Glad it's working out so well. Definitely not looking to lose weight, although goodness knows I could stand to drop a few pounds, so sounds like it might be something I can do. I'll look into it.
You can get most of the info on whole30.com.  If you want to get a book, there are 2, It Starts With Food, which explains all the science-y stuff as well as the diet.  I keep rereading parts as I get questions.  The second is The Whole 30, the 30-day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom. This book has the skin and bones of the science-y stuff, the diet, FAQ's and recipes.  The recipes are pretty good and for two people.  It doesn't actually refer to itself as a diet but a challenge.

If it looks like to much to begin with you can try a low FOD-MAP diet (google it), which is a list of foods to avoid for 6 weeks and then you start reintroducing them to see which ones are your triggers.  My doctor recommended I try it for GI issues.  It helped a lot.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Tallyollyopia does this mean we'll get another excerpt from Magic School and Egg!  It's good that you are willing to go in when the manager calls.  Maybe you'll get promoted to Asst Manager down the road.  My sister works at a Walmart and she even get overtime because people keep calling in 'sick' or not showing up to work. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats got two dinners today. Oops. We're going to be leaving them tomorrow and coming back Sunday night. I know its only two nights away, but we've never left them before. Hopefully, all goes well with them and my mom. 

Status
Not open for further replies.