Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
This is a test to see if i figured out how to download a video from Youtube. If it worked then this is the video i took of Autumn playing with the toy she won on this contest.

Sorry if this ends up being cosectutive posts.
   You made a consecutive post
  obviously the rest of us aren't working hard enough.  

It looks like Autumn is having fun with that toy but taking a bit of a battering trying to keep hold of it.  Nice ambush. 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mservant mservant Guilty. Sorry. I was just so excited that I figured out how to download a video. Now I can post a video of Seamus being a stinker with the hot pursuit toy.

BTW, that was Seamus ambushing Autumn. He's a brat anytime someone tries to play with something. He's going to have to work on his jealousy .

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Have him time the visit so he can help you carry some or your furniture downstairs...

In what manner have you killed it. ?

Okay, everyone, I actually know a little bit about this computer.  It came with Windows 8.1.  I've had a computer with Win 8.1, and its poor reputation was well deserved.  I managed to get mine rolled back to Win 7, and the people who sold me the computer actually paid for the change, but Mamanyt1953 can't do that, so she's getting the free upgrade to Win 10.  Now, I seriously doubt that Mamanyt1953 has actually done anything dire to her new computer; it seems much more likely to me that the new computer is doing something dire to her.  My guess (and it's only a guess) is that she set it to making the Win 10 upgrade and it either locked up on her or is taking so long that it appears to have locked up on her.  But, since I've been very careful not upgrade to Win 10, I don't know how likely that is.  Does anyone else have experience with this upgrade?

Good night all.  Margret

My 2 or 3 year old desk top computer runs on Windows 7. When they came out with Windows 10 I upgraded to that. I did not like it one bit and went back to Windows 7. Recently I talked to somebody at Office Max where they do small repairs and they told me that going from Windows 7 to Windows 10 does not work very well, something about the way it is configured. But that a later version converts to Windows 10 quite well.

When I bought my comp Windows 8 had just come out so I got mine on discount. Later I heard that Windows 8 was a disaster so I was more than happy that I had gotten the "old" version.
Thanks, everyone.  Following Margret's advice, I sat down, drank a cool drink and pondered kitten tails until I was no longer panicked,  Then this morning, I called Tech Support.  The nice man didn't even laugh in my face (tho God only knows what he did when I hung up), and was able to help me figure out that the computer wasn't dead, but only comatose.  We revived  him, and he's now humming along.  HOWEVER...I'm stuck on this one for a bit longer.  I have to get with Drew on some downloads, and I don't want to really start using that one till everything is in place and functional.

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Time to call it a night. Hope you all have a good night, or wonderful day, depending on where you live. I'll be back to babble in the morning.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a test to see if i figured out how to download a video from Youtube. If it worked then this is the video i took of Autumn playing with the toy she won on this contest.

Sorry if this ends up being cosectutive posts.
This is so funny! I've seen my cats do the same thing several times (alas, never when I have a camera!), and it always makes me crack up.

Well, I've got to get up really  early tomorrow, so goodnight everybody! 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MServant   It wasn't a check from the insurance company, it was a bill!  It was actually a bill from the Hospital saying the insurance wasn't paying because it was a preexisting condition.  It had the same date from my last stay in the hospital.  I'm really panicking about bills right now.  That one had me sick to my stomach until I could finally call them.

I took DH's car to get the window fixed this afternoon, thought it would be about $800 because I tried the on-line quote.  Turns out it will be much much less, $111.  Somebody went down our street last week and broke it and at least one more person's truck a couple houses down.  Sadly the replacement window hadn't arrived yet, so I have to go back tomorrow.

Sweet dreams @Rhondalee and  @tallyollyopia

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't believe we're already over 2100! It seems to be going a bit faster this time.

So happy tomorrow is Wednesday. Feels like a long week already. Not sure why. And Sugar keeps barking at the world as it goes by. This dog has THE most piercing bark I've ever heard! Scares the crap out of us each time too.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

@Tallyollyopia- are your cats indoor/outdoor? Mine don't leave the apartment so they don't get rabies shots (saves money).

Congratulations on the job, that should make it a little easier in the finance department.

@foxxycat-have you checked the labor laws in your state? I don't think it is legal to require people to work 7 days a week. How about overtime, does your company pay that? Do you have a union? Regarding getting fired: it depends on the reason for the absence. Anyone who has lost a job no matter what the reason is, should apply for unemployment benefits, not assume they are not eligible, that is up to the department to decide. Even a person who has quit may be eligible depending on the reason for the quit. Never assume anything, you are usually wrong. 
we are a union and we signed a contract so yes they can require us to work 50% of posted overtime. there is a thing we can sign to get a day of rest every 13 days but I opted out-if you sign it then later want to change your mind to waive the day of rest so we can work all the time-they have the right to deny it. so its a screwed up system of numbers of eligibility and complicated to explain. but yes they changed the attendance due to people abusing it. we used to have to work 30 days in a row to get rid of an "occurrence". Now its 12 months to get rid. until last month they changed it to 6 months. I still have some time left and I think I am going to opt out tomorrow if its not stormy. Otherwise  will fade into the woodwork and no one will notice me not there. Luckily I don't have an attendance issue but I know people who have children who have been close to fired. Then this winter they finally allowed us to have the option to come in late if school is called out in the town we live in-we used to be forced to come to work even in a state of emergency-this place has pushed their limits-luckily I haven't had to deal with this but other departments have had overtime denied and we threatened to call the labor board on them. The union is stronger now than ever=we got a good leader who is pushing the company to follow the contract where in the past-there was a lot of give and take and turning their cheek due to sweetheart deals between the management and us. Now this person is gone-we can start over and have good representation.

and yes we get paid for overtime-some of us don't work extra overtime if it involves different hours than our shift due to payroll screwing up all the time-this is a well known company and they have so many issues with HR and other corporate things that my head spins that no one gets fired for it. Had I done these mistakes in any other company=I would be fired...

I feel every one should have access to a union and make the company you work for have a contract with terms of employment. ours is 3 years. We can negotiate terms and conditions. I think its easier on a company to only have to deal with a handful of representatives for the group rather than having to deal with X amount of individuals. Its gotten a bit carried away in some cases-I don't always agree with what they did in the past but I know going forward everyone is trying to get along and accomplish the jobs that we were hired to do. Unfortunately the company comes up with ideas and plows ahead with it but doesn't discuss with the workers to see if there are alternatives that would work better. so lots of money mismanaged but nothing I can do about that. sometimes people bring up issues and depending on who it is-they will nay or say ok. typical political kaka. 

On a different front-I finished planting my plants in the pots and pulled some weeds. Cooked hamburgers on the grill. Let Honeybee accompany me in the garden and she chased bugs. I got a small video of her meowing at me and swatting at a bug next to the daisies-I have to upload to the puter and figure out how to get it on youtube.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only one wall left to paint. One of the most annoying walls. The closet, vent, and furnace are on that wall. Impossible!

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I worked the closing shift at work tonight. I work as a cashier at my parent's restaurant. So, naturally, I deal with a lot of really rude, demanding people.

There was one woman tonight who literally demanded free food. She walked up to me and said "The manager, Megan said that I could have 3 shredded beef soft tacos for free!" In a very loud voice, nearly yelling. So I said "can you tell me your name please?" We have a sheet of paper in a drawer by the register that we use to mark people's names down when they've called to report that we've messed up or forgotten something on their order (which doesn't happen very often, but even the best of restaurants mess up on things occasionally). And anyway, this lady's name was on the sheet and they had marked her down for 3 shredded beef soft tacos. And so I proceed to take her order (not charging her for the 3 tacos) and when everything was said and done and she had paid. She practically yelled "Make sure you got those beef soft tacos this time! My husband was furious when we got home with the food last time!" Then I said "Don't worry, they're on the order." And she said "Good. I know it was probably your first day last time. But my husband was very angry when he didn't get his food!" And I said "I'm not the one who took your order last time. I've been woking here for 9 years!" (I practically grew up in that restaurant, and I've been working there since I was 12 years old. I think I know what I'm doing haha) and the lady was like "Oh, wait a minute! no! It wasn't you! It was that other bigger girl! I'm sorry. All of you just look the same." (We have a new girl right now who -like me- is plus-sized). I was so mad, I just walked away. My face was as red as a tomato for almost a half an hour. I honestly wanted to slap her in the face! But I (barely) held my temper.

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh raina21 raina21 That's just...... :eek:nfire: Unforgivable :censor: :stomp::angry2: I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I'd have wanted to slap her too! Well done for staying so outwardly calm about it. :hugs:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Raina21, how awful!  Some people think that just because they're the customer they have no obligation to be courteous.

I remember one night many years ago when we went to a diner that was open late at night.  They had just closed down half of the diner, because there are fewer customers at night, which reduced the size enough that they couldn't have a separate smoking section, so they had put up "No Smoking" signs.  They had not, however, removed all the ash trays left over from earlier in the evening.  A man came in and sat down at the table next to us and lit up.  The server came over and courteously informed the man that at this hour the diner was no smoking, and asked him to put out his cigarette.  The man insisted loudly that, because there was an ash tray on the table, he had a right to smoke, and the server had no right to make him stop, never mind the "No Smoking" sign that was in plain view.  (In retrospect, I think he may have been drunk.)  When the server stood his ground, this man insisted on complaining to the manager.  I don't know what the manager said, but the man left.  When Roger and I finished our meal we also asked to speak to the manager, to tell him how much we appreciated the server's actions.  He assured us that he was well aware of how good this guy was.

People may not stand up and say something openly about this kind of rudeness, because it sometimes seems that it would just escalate things, but you can bet that they noticed and were appalled, and that they also noticed how polite you were, under extreme provocation.

Margret

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to come on and inform everyone that I have found the exception to the rule on having so many female cats that are 'divas' when they grow up. I have a tiny little female stray that I spayed last year, Molly, and she has been so lap friendly and snuggly, but I thought it was because she was new and wanted to make sure the attention and food kept coming. Well, now it is a year later and she is always on our laps whenever we let her in the house, and the biggest snugglebug I have ever seen! Once again I have learned something new in this big old world!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder everyone, post have to be at least 15 words and no consecutive posts. :)

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked the closing shift at work tonight. I work as a cashier at my parent's restaurant. So, naturally, I deal with a lot of really rude, demanding people.

There was one woman tonight who literally demanded free food. She walked up to me and said "The manager, Megan said that I could have 3 shredded beef soft tacos for free!" In a very loud voice, nearly yelling. So I said "can you tell me your name please?" We have a sheet of paper in a drawer by the register that we use to mark people's names down when they've called to report that we've messed up or forgotten something on their order (which doesn't happen very often, but even the best of restaurants mess up on things occasionally). And anyway, this lady's name was on the sheet and they had marked her down for 3 shredded beef soft tacos. And so I proceed to take her order (not charging her for the 3 tacos) and when everything was said and done and she had paid. She practically yelled "Make sure you got those beef soft tacos this time! My husband was furious when we got home with the food last time!" Then I said "Don't worry, they're on the order." And she said "Good. I know it was probably your first day last time. But my husband was very angry when he didn't get his food!" And I said "I'm not the one who took your order last time. I've been woking here for 9 years!" (I practically grew up in that restaurant, and I've been working there since I was 12 years old. I think I know what I'm doing haha) and the lady was like "Oh, wait a minute! no! It wasn't you! It was that other bigger girl! I'm sorry. All of you just look the same." (We have a new girl right now who -like me- is plus-sized). I was so mad, I just walked away. My face was as red as a tomato for almost a half an hour. I honestly wanted to slap her in the face! But I (barely) held my temper.
I hate customers like that. I work at a professional marketing company and this one lady is driving all of us crazy right now saying she paid for professional work and all of our writing is terrible and sounds like it was written by a child. The writing is fine. I am the manager of the department and it looks good to me. We have other customers that are always closing their website's because they realize how much work having one actually is. They then want their money back because they didn't "use" our service. Which is untrue since we did all kinds of things for them already- things that cost the company money.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I have to come on and inform everyone that I have found the exception to the rule on having so many female cats that are 'divas' when they grow up. I have a tiny little female stray that I spayed last year, Molly, and she has been so lap friendly and snuggly, but I thought it was because she was new and wanted to make sure the attention and food kept coming. Well, now it is a year later and she is always on our laps whenever we let her in the house, and the biggest snugglebug I have ever seen! Once again I have learned something new in this big old world!
So why don't you make her an indoor cat, I'm sure she would be happy staying inside. Outside she will get fleas, get into fights with other cats, be chased by dogs, run into mean people, be subject of catching diseases and likely get hit by a car. Give this lovely little cat a forever home.

Status
Not open for further replies.