Lethargic cat and strange smell?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neko's mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Went to the vet today, turns out he has an ulcer on his tongue (probably something viral he caught from the new boy). I couldn't see it because every time he opened his mouth, he curled up his tongue (like when they yawn) and I couldn't see the top. I was too busy looking at his teeth and gums (in the short glances I got in there)! Of course, the vet just pulls his mouth right open and points to the big red spot on his tongue :p

Anyway, it's good news because he just needs some antibiotics for a couple weeks and he should be good as new. Vet said not to worry about the new cat unless he has symptoms.

What's also weird is I think my cat is exhibiting the placebo effect! I gave him one dose of amoxicillin, and he already stopped his lip smacking thing and is playing like a kitten -- I didn't realize how much he'd slowed down until now. He just LOOKS happy! Is it possible he understands he got medicine and thinks it made him all better already?

Anyway, thanks for supporting my overprotective-mom-self
Oh, and my big giant baby boy weighs 12.5 lbs already. At less than 10 months! I knew from those monster lion paws he was gonna be a giant, but JEEZ! I'm going to have to get a bigger apartment!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are not an over protective kitty Mom...
You are a loving Mom who is taking good care of your boy.

Feel better real soon sweetie pie.

Keep us updated.