Let the story begin....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yoursleeka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, guys..me again....Yes, I know it is really really bad thing to play with him with my hands, and I usually stop for a second, so he can calm dawn, and I have to admit he kind a starts to learn that Toy- is to play and my hands to pet him....But!!!! When I am at work, I have my boyfriend who WANTS HIS CAT to scratch and bite- that's what ALL cats do, he told me...and fighted over and over again....I know though when out little baby will become a HUGE tiger- my boyfriend will go crazy from scratches and bites!!!!! So I just keep figting...Should I get a toy with catnip?So my cat will go crazy?

I really DO enjoy reading this forum and be a part of this community!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catnip won't do anything for the little guy yet. Kittens don't respond at all to catnip until they are around 6 months old.

Even if you can't win the battle with your boyfriend on playing with hands, at least you can teach him that YOUR hands aren't toys. But please, try to convince your boyfriend that it will HURT when kitten gets big!

yoursleeka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really hope I will win that battle with my boyfriend. But my kitty just doesn't want to play with toys other then my hands, and he already scratch me- btw- what is the best time to start catting his claws a little bit? because his are already kind a big and hurts! Sometimes when he's running all over the house our carpet gets him and he fall over- it is so funny, but I am afraid it could hurt our baby....
It is soo great to be a mother!!!!

scowl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What I did with my kitten at around 8 weeks was trim a very small bit at the ends of his claws, just enough so they weren't sharp. He learned very young that getting your claws trimmed is no big deal. He even purrs when I do it now.

And keep an eye on him after you do this. He's probably gotten used to climbing on furniture by digging his claws into things. He'll be very surprised when those claws don't work very well all of a sudden.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure how young would be too young to cut your baby's nails, but the sooner you get him used to you manipulating them the better. Your nutrition concerns may do well posted in our health and nutrition forum, and you can also find lots of info there! Sierra eats 25-50% raw right now. She eats amore preprepared raw rabbit, salmon and veggie. Check out their website atwww.amorepetfoods.com . There is lots of info you can find on the web regarding raw food diets. If you choose to prepare it yourself, you must be extremely careful in the storage and preparation or you're correct in that it can be deadly! You must also store the prepackaged carefully! Sierra mainly eats Innova Lite(she's on a diet). Check them out at www.naturapet.com . I wouldn't personally recommend that your baby eat as his regular food anything you can simply pick up at the grocery store. Check into the premium and super premium kitten foods! Many more are recommended on the nutrition forum. These are just a few thoughts to get you going!

yoursleeka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hello Guys!!!!
Happy to say- I DID WIN! And we called our kitty finally- he's name now is Simba! (**The Lion King!!!!
) Yesterday was such a great day! We are doing great! Learning how to play with toys, not with hands, he get's little bit bored in a while and trying to jump on my hand or feet, but I am just stopping and putting him away for a second so he can calm dawn. Also, yesterday was his third day in our house- and it was time for hunting!!!! He was running all over the house, all mad, looking for some kind of "prey"!!!! I read once about the box you brought your kitty in- somebody tol me here- it's great toy!!! Well, I did used box, lots and lots of noise papers, plastic straws, and my boyfriend put some kind of material( I don't remember the name, but it's kind a plastik, but not really and we used it when we went dawn to west virginia in our camping trip! We used it in our tent!). It's a little piece of material but my Simba seem to like to climb it. Also, ( attention! it might seem weird to you!
), we don't have lot's of furniture in our house- we don't like couches and preffer to lay dawn on a floor! So, I guess Simba likes it even more, because most of the time we are on our 4( 2 hands 2 legs!
)- just like him!

My boyfriend did some great work with our computer wires, and today after work we're going to the forest we have close by to look for any pieses of trees, that we could use for climbing toy! Of course- we're not going to cut any trees! We gonna pick up some from the ground and also my boyfriend's going to work on it, so it become safe and great climbing toy for our Simba! I am so happy that both of us are taking parts in our kitty's life!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY, guys!