Let me recommend a book

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if you've seen or read "The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel," but it's a fun read. It will teach you a lot about mythology, too.

The second book in the series is now out, and I've just finished it. Quite a good read!

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I don't know if you've seen or read "The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel," but it's a fun read. It will teach you a lot about mythology, too.

The second book in the series is now out, and I've just finished it. Quite a good read!
Glad you are enjoying yourself. I just finished the "White Tiger".

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the recommendation. I put in a request for it at the library.

I'm currently reading "The Historian." I saw in another thread that someone had just finished reading it so I borrowed it from the library. I'm only on pag 25 or so but so far I'm enjoying it very much.

I find you can get some really good recommendations from people here about books. I've been turned onto some authors that I had never heard of before.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
While we're on the subject, can I recommend The Secret Scriptures by Sebastian Barry. It's very likely to win the Booker prize this year and it's an amazing book.