Let Me Out!

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! So I found Divinity yesterday. She woke me up at 4am meowing at my window. I looked out and she jumped on my window ledge and I let her in. Then it was love at first sight for the both of us. If anyone wants, I can post a picture of her because she is really beautiful. But anyways, onto my question.

So this is our first night together. She wanted to get into the window so I opened it for her and I plan on having it open at all times (because I also like the breeze) but she’ll randomly jump into the window and meow and give me kitten eyes. I don’t want to let her out because there’s dogs, cars, and super big cats around. And she could get pregnant. I don’t think she’s looking for her old owner because I tried to let her back out. Yeah, she ran off and left me in tears. Then came crying back to my door so I’m not sure what that’s about. I’m not sure if my parents will let me keep her, but how do I deal with her begging to be let out? I saw someone suggest to simply ignore her pleas and to not respond positively. Why can’t I pet her to distract her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And to add on, this is my first time having a cat. So I’m really new to everything and she acts so differently from my dogs. It’s so interesting.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well first I think it is important to make sure no one is missing her. She needs to see a vet to check for a microchip. If she has none, then she will need shots, and testing and spayed... She may have kittens out there, or another home. As much as you care about her you need to find out more about her.

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well first I think it is important to make sure no one is missing her. She needs to see a vet to check for a microchip. If she has none, then she will need shots, and testing and spayed... She may have kittens out there, or another home. As much as you care about her you need to find out more about her.
Yes, I know about all that. I still am looking out for her owner. I’ll try to do more when morning comes.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Start feeding her and give her lots to do indoors, distract her when she meows to go out. Some cats will never stop begging to go outside and drive you crazy all day long like mine does lol.

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Start feeding her and give her lots to do indoors, distract her when she meows to go out. Some cats will never stop begging to go outside and drive you crazy all day long like mine does lol.
Uhh, about feeding...we got a sample of cat food about a week ago. I gave her that and she threw it up like an hour ago. It’s not old so I’m not sure what’s wrong

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Uhh, about feeding...we got a sample of cat food about a week ago. I gave her that and she threw it up like an hour ago. It’s not old so I’m not sure what’s wrong
She could have eaten too quickly or have food sensitivity or there could be something wrong. You could do a vet check up to check for a microchip and anything distinctly wrong.

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She could have eaten too quickly or have food sensitivity or there could be something wrong. You could do a vet check up to check for a microchip and anything distinctly wrong.
Yeah, she was eating pretty quickly. I’ll suggest the vet to my mother though.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should take her to a local shelter ASAP to have her scanned for a microchip. She could have an owner who is worried sick. It’s the right thing to do.

DivinityxTia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should take her to a local shelter ASAP to have her scanned for a microchip. She could have an owner who is worried sick. It’s the right thing to do.
Sorry I’m late, I didn’t get my email notification. I tried to do all this. There’s no microchip or collar. And no one seemed to come look for her.