Less Restraint Kitten Problem

jtw87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Ellie, a lynx pointed siamese, is a very well behaved (or as well behaved as a curious 4 month old curious kitten can be) while let free to roam my house or even in my arms while I cary her for walks out side. She listens to commands like no and stay well. However my kitten is a very less restraint cat. As soon as I try to place a collar on her or a harness as to put her on a leash to go to the vet she will begin and wont stop doing somersaults, jumping, hissing to the point of dang near hysteria. What can I do to ease her mind. I understand each cat has their own personality but that is no excuse to give up on trying to have her wear a harness.....Right?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, welcome to TCS.  Some cats simply won't wear collars or harnesses, and to be honest, there's really no sense in trying to argue with a Siamese.

As to being on a lead at the vet's, it's not the best of ideas.  Cats really should be in carriers to protect them against the eventuality of a dog attack.

Last, dear Lord, she's positively stunning.

amandag

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Agreed, I walked my cat in the yard on a leash and in a stroller through the neighborhood but always in a soft carrier at the vet. He passed recently and I'm trying to adjust our new stray Chloe that found us to a leash, it does take time but neither were that resistant.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed, I walked my cat in the yard on a leash and in a stroller through the neighborhood but always in a soft carrier at the vet. He passed recently and I'm trying to adjust our new stray Chloe that found us to a leash, it does take time but neither were that resistant.
I can only imagine what the neighbors think when they see you pushing a cat around in a pram!

Must get a lot of double takes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtw87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you TCS has been very eye opening so far for me! Ha yes I here Siamese have a reputation to be set in their ways...I guess I will refrain from trying the harness and will try a carrier...Its just after seeing her episode with the collar I didnt have the heart to try putting her in an enclosed carrier,fearing it my result in the same episode. And thank you again for the compliment!! She truly is my pride and joy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtw87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you!! i'm sorry for your lost, he was a beautiful Orange Tabby!!  I was hoping to have her trained to a leash but a carrier may be my best bet.