Lesions Roof of Mouth, Mouth Problems, Help Us Solve this Mystery

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Cat Nap.  Thank you for your kind words.  We have a diagnosis - Bartonella.   Vet is not absolutely sure that is what caused him to get sick, I tend to agree with her that he cut the roof of his mouth on something and it got infected, but anyway, he is on a three week course of antibiotics for treatment.  Don't know if the other kittens have it too I have three of them altogether, plus the two parent strays I have taken in.  The vet says it is pretty ubiquitous among cats and there is some controversy on how to treat it. 
Hi @Reba...thanks for the update.  I never asked what you named your kitten?  It is good when the vets come up with some diagnosis, so that the treatment is now focused on the antibiotics.

I don't know anything about Bartonella, so may be making another thread would help with support, but I think that you would probably see improvement within a week.

I guess you will still have all that cleaning to do, and washing their beds, blankets and stuff....so don't tire yourself out in one day,  just take it slow.

take care.