Leftovers........

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ew, I hate leftovers, but I have to eat them because I live alone, and would waste alot of food if I didn't eat them

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind leftovers..especially if it's something I like like homemade mac and cheese, pizza, a good steak, Chinese Food, or something like that.
It just depends on the food, I guess.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually have leftover's as its the two of us. Neil likes a "hot lunch" vs a sandwich so I plan accordingly. However there are leftovers from last week and they are going in the garbage tomorrow. I am trying to plan evening meals for Monday thru Friday so manage any leftovers!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Now you are the leftover Queen!!!
haha! I could very well be! LOL

I've always batch froze things because my mother used to. But I learned how to streamline freezing when I bought the book "What Have You Got To Lose" by Jenny Craig. It's big on good food made with everyday type ingredients, and it teaches you to portion out your servings.

It's really great because it literally gave me a list of food items to buy for 1 week, told me what to cook in advance and freeze, and told me what to eat each day and how much. Each day I cooked something fresh for 4 people, and had one serving and froze 3 servings. Then it did the same thing for a second week.

I enjoyed the food on it so much that I just kept on making the same recipes (lemon chicken, orange chicken, beef stir fry, stuffed pasta shells, soft tacos, tai chicken, meat loaf, poached salmon, lamb and so much more). I have something different every single day for 2 weeks, and then repeat the process again. Only the next 2 weeks I'm not cooking because it's already in my freezer. And during that next 2 weeks I only have to buy things like milk, fresh produce and fresh fruit.

For each 2 weeks I follow from scratch (cooking and freezing), I end up with entrees in the freezer for 6 more weeks. It's not only healthy, but once you get it going, you find your shopping expenses greatly reduced because you aren't having to always buy things for entrees.

I'm always pre-cooking though, so I don't let my freezer completely empty out. When I get down to 2 weeks of entrees in the freezer, I start cooking again. Sometimes the same things, other times different items. Either way I cook for 4 and freeze 3 portions for future weeks.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live by myself so if I don't want to cook, I don't have to! If all I feel like preparing is a bowl of cereal or a chunk of cheese, then that's all I have! But I do like leftovers if they're the right ones. Lasagna, spaghetti, left over steak.. it's all good.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left overs?Just kidding.YES!!! We eat them,when there are any.With 4 growing kids and a DH, we have left overs very rarely.
Ones we won't eat are mac-n-cheese,oatmeal,or gravy.
If we have any left overs,I usually send them with DH to work for lunch the next day.