Lee had a wreck!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got a phone call at about 10:30 this morning from Lee saying he had bad news. He wrecked my car!!
He is okay and so is the other passenger D-Ray. The car I think is totaled. It broke the tir-rod (I think that is what it is called) and we think the frame is bent, the rim is messed up, the tire is flat. He was going around a sharp curve and the tires were wet, he lost control and couldn't correct it because it wouldn't respond. They spun around and hit an embankment. The drivers side wheel hit a big rock and took all of the impact. The drivers side wheel was stuck turned to the right and the other side was turned left.
So it looks like I have to find a new car.... we can't afford this right now!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Brandi I'm very sorry to hear about this!

Did you have it towed to a Body Shop to get looked at? Hopefully it won't be totaled! I know that here, the adjusters have to come look at them to see what the damages are, and then they will decide if its fixable or not. Otherwise they will end up giving you a check for how much the car is worth and you will be able to put that towards a new one - or paying off that one's loan (if you had a loan out on it
)

Good luck with it - let us know how things end up!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Brandi, I understand. I totaled my car November 1, and we couldn't afford it either. Believe it or not, it will all work out somehow. Hope you have insurance.......that's what saved us!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh girl. That does not sound like any fun at all. I am really glad that everyone is ok, and not hurt though. That's really what matters.

The car can be replaced with some hardships, and more working (ugh...work), but thankfully....You've still got the person alive and well.

I wish I could help you out, I'd send you a car, but I think shipping would cost alot. lol. Hopefully it all turns out ok. What kind of car was it? It wasnt like a mercedes or anything right?!

*big hugs* sent your way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have insurance but only liability so it won't cover the damages.
We have a little put back from Lee's tax return but we had some plans for that money like paying off the transmission loan for his truck. We have a friend who owns a body shop but he only does the body work. Lee is calling around to places that do alignments to see how much they will charge to re-align it and we will go from there. We replaced the tie-rod ourselves and its still isn't right. It makes this horrible grinding noise when oyu turn right and won't turn very sharp.
I can't be mad because he didn't do it on purpose and is trying to fix it but it still SUCKS!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your right Brandi, it stinks, and I came down very hard on myself for my accident in November, but your right, he didn't mean to do it and that is why they call them accidents......hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

I wish I could help you out, I'd send you a car, but I think shipping would cost alot. lol. Hopefully it all turns out ok. What kind of car was it? It wasnt like a mercedes or anything right?!

*big hugs* sent your way
Thanks!!
I wish I had the money for a mercedes or something nice like that!
It was a 1997 Pontiac sunfire with 120,000 miles on it so it isn't a big loss except our transportation to and from work. I think the blue book value is only 2,000 at the most on it. That is why it doesn't make sense to put a whole lot of money into it. We HAVE to have 2 cars since we both work different shifts that overlap and I work 30 minutes away from home and he works about 20 minutes away from home.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear Brandi, that royally sucks hon. BUT, you are looking on the brightside atleast, it could always be worse, and thank goodness it isnt! Atleast you still somewhat have transportation!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I have insurance but only liability so it won't cover the damages.
We have a little put back from Lee's tax return but we had some plans for that money like paying off the transmission loan for his truck. We have a friend who owns a body shop but he only does the body work. Lee is calling around to places that do alignments to see how much they will charge to re-align it and we will go from there. We replaced the tie-rod ourselves and its still isn't right. It makes this horrible grinding noise when oyu turn right and won't turn very sharp.
I can't be mad because he didn't do it on purpose and is trying to fix it but it still SUCKS!!
Oh no, thats not good
I really hope that everything gets worked out!

We just had a girl in here that had liability only and she had to pay $4,000 out of her own pocket. She had just switched her policy too!

I wish you best of luck with this!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh sweetie thats awful!! I'm so glad he is ok though.
I totalled my mums car and thought she was going to kill me but she was just relieved I wasn't more injured. You can replace material possessions but people are a one off.
I really hope you can do something about the money

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad everyone is ok, and that it sounds like he knows how to work on cars. Hope he can get it going again safely to last until you can afford another.

Why is it your 1997 is only worth $2000, but I'll bet if you tried to buy another with similar miles and age, it would cost twice that?!?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Why is it your 1997 is only worth $2000, but I'll bet if you tried to buy another with similar miles and age, it would cost twice that?!?
The joys of cars!

I had a 1997 Cavalier (pretty much similar to Brandi's Sunfire, same kind of car) I traded it in and they gave me $2,000 for trade, and they sold it on the lot for $4,000 - and it had about 90,000 miles on it!

I still don't understand how and why that works - I was pretty mad that I didn't get $4,000 for my trade tho!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kia swears you can "Pull it in...Tow it in...we'll give you $8000 trade-in on any car!" Go figure. They must up the price that much in the beginning. Otherwise, they'd have one heck of a junkyard!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO! That isnt good.....but what is good, is that everyones OK!
Cheer up for us,ok? And know that it will all work out in the end!