Leaving kitty home or taking to family??

rocket1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me & my husband are going to New Orleans for about 9 days...i want to take Meowlison to my sister's house so she will not be alone but my husband doesn't want to take her out of her element & wants my sister to come to our house to clean the litter & feed her every other day or every day...any suggestions??? Taking her with us is not an option :(

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I agree with your husband: leave Meowlison (I love that name!!) at home where she feels safe and comfortable.
Have your sister visit every day for food, fresh water, litter cleaning and some love and play. I would suggest leaving a Feliway diffuser running and leaving a couple of articles of clothing worn by you and/or your husband but not washed in her favorite sleeping spots so she is comforted by your scent on the clothes.
I'll post again if I remember any other good vacation tips [emoji]128522[/emoji]

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitty will be much happier if you leave her home and the relative comes in daily. Every other day is too long in between washing and refilling bowls and cleaning the litter box. Optimally, allow enough time so she can play with her and give her some loving. Twice daily is best but at the very least, once each day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rocket1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I agree with your husband: leave Meowlison (I love that name!!) at home where she feels safe and comfortable.
Have your sister visit every day for food, fresh water, litter cleaning and some love and play. I would suggest leaving a Feliway diffuser running and leaving a couple of articles of clothing worn by you and/or your husband but not washed in her favorite sleeping spots so she is comforted by your scent on the clothes.
I'll post again if I remember any other good vacation tips [emoji]128522[/emoji]

rocket1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the advise so I think we will leave her in her own home...my sister said she would visit her everyday & make sure she is cleaned & loved...i am thinking about getting one of those animal cams where I can see her & talk to her by video - does this sound ok?? I don't want her to think we are there then not show up

rocket1212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HelloMissKitty...when I first took Meowlison to the vet, the tech came out & was looking for Meo Wilson...we just sat there because we didn't know who she was looking for so when she said Meo Wilson Guzic - it was then I realized she ment Meowlison she was reading the name wrong so now her nickname is Meo...LOL

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nine days is a long time. I'm going on a cruise and I'll miss my babies I wonder why I never thought of the cameras and microphone! How do you set up a microphone?? If you leave your unwashed closed around the house that will probably be enough for her. The camera and microphone is for you!!

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the advise so I think we will leave her in her own home...my sister said she would visit her everyday & make sure she is cleaned & loved...i am thinking about getting one of those animal cams where I can see her & talk to her by video - does this sound ok?? I don't want her to think we are there then not show up
I've been thinking of getting one of those pet cams for daily use while I'm at work. If for no other reason than I'd like to see what she does all day long (other than sleep, of course!)
I'm glad you've decided to leave Meowlison at home. The stability of being in her own familiar environment will go a long way to keeping her happy and calm while her parents are away [emoji]10084[/emoji]️