Leash help?

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So it'll be several days to a couple of weeks before I can get a little friend for my kitty so I guess I'm going to try taking him outside to explore..
So how do I train him to walk on a leash? I now know that it's his harness that makes him fall over, so I plan to get him a better one, but so far he hates having it on and just bites at it.
Also, I've let him venture out a little, but once we come inside he sits at the door and meows for hours wanting to go back out.
He's about 6 months old, is this too old to begin leash walking?

Also, the other kitten I plan to get is black and white. his face is white with a little black chin and a little black moustache on both sides under his nose. Name suggestions?

And are there any good toys for kitties who like to dig? Niko's favorite thing is watching while I hide his toys between cushions and in the crevices of the couch, then pouncing and digging them out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, I'm trying to figure out some sort of enclosure type thing for my fiance to build...? Does anyone have any ideas or experience with things like this? Niko really wants to go outside and I'd like to let him, but I definitely can't just let him loose out there (neighborhood dogs). We have a lot of space and I want to make something pretty big in the yard so he can have like his own little world out there to explore and experience nature. I just have no idea where to begin or what I actually want. I'd love any ideas or suggestions or thoughts.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 months isn't too young to begin leash training.  I started Eclipse younger.

Here is a link to an awesome outdoor enclosure

[thread="276982"]Moving House Taking The Colony With Me​[/thread]  

And a couple of articles

[article="29643"]Building A Cat Enclosure​[/article]  

[article="29670"]Cat Enclosures​[/article]  

You can also google it.  there are some sites who will send you a kit or even sell you the plans and you can build it yourself.