Learn Your Name

lynnsaystarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Keaira kitty as an adult. The shelter didn't know what her name had been. They named her Nadia. She didn't respond to Nadia at all and I really wanted a different name for her anyway. After I decided on Keaira, I talked to her alot when petting her, playing with her saying her name often. She learned it very fast and loves it when I talk to her saying her name often. She does come when I call her, but many cats won't even though they know their names. My departed Dickens kitty would wait about a minute after being called before she'd finally come. She liked to come when called only on her own terms! Either that or the suspense of not knowing why I called her finally got to her so she'd have to investigate.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats know their names and respond to it except for Da-Ku. Only a couple of mine will actually come when they hear their name, Kinks will not move but her tail will twitch. Eliott came from the humane society I worked at and he was named that at the shelter and learned it within a few days. Now he will come running from a sound sleep in the most comfortable place when he hears his name.