Leaky Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were to say I am shocked, it wouldn't come close, anywhere close to my feelings. When they pass like this, so quickly, it just numbs you.

This is exactly how 'White Shadow', the little white one in my avatar, properly Sam, passed over. He was fine when I went up to bed one night - and when I came back downstairs a few hours later, he was just gone.

Sam's story mirrored yours a lot. He had lost weight over a short time and, at the time, I was focused on another cat who was in hospice mode. We discovered Sam had a heart condition and were on a short hold for advanced testing - then, poof.....he had gone.

I suspect that your little guy had undiagnosed heart disease. This frequently goes 'under the radar'.

You know, the gift of life isn't identical for any of us, and neither is it for our little ones. Each existence is unique and each has its own mysteries and qualities, and one of those is the length of that life here. Logically and rationally- and, from a distance - we do well at understanding all this. But, when we're confronted with that same reality up close and very personally, all that perspective just disappears and we're left with encompassing grief.

He left at his own time, Courteny. Keep this in your focus.

Will be thinking of you both today:redheartpump:

It's just hit me that during the past few days we never got to know his name nor see him...........would you be able to fix that? It could be the beginning of your putting his fuller life story in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Courtneya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you for your words. Here is a picture of him for now. His name was Tiger. Could never get enough kisses or cuddles. He originally wasnt my cat, and I took him in. But that's a story for another time.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my heart goes out to you!!

If you feel up to it at some point, as mentioned, tell us about him in the Crossing The Bridge, it would be a way for us to learn about him and be able to honor his life, and to give you support if you need it.

Crossing the Bridge

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW !

He's magnificent.....just regal. He exudes confidence and presence. He knew his place was with you. How fortunate you were to even have been able to open your home and your heart for him - then again, there's a look in that picture....a look that says "I am here and I am yours."

And, yours he will be forever in your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.