Leaking amniotic fluid??

Primrose67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay my Primrose is due any day now. This is her 3rd pregnancy. Please don't hassle me about spaying, I had an appt scheduled when I found out she was pregnant AGAIN. She mainly stays indoors except for the few exceptions of escaping through the door.
She is due at any moment now, I'm pretty sure she lost her mucus plug within the last week. She has been nesting like crazy and scratching her nesting bed the last 3 days. Well yesterday at 6pm I noticed 3 drops of blood and clear liquid. She was purring heavily. I was sure she was in labour. She has even spent most the night in her kittening bassinet I have for her. I've been up all night monitoring her and still no progress. No more blood but still her vulva is barely wet. Is this amniotic fluid? Her last two births she gave birth on my daughter, and then 2nd birth on my son😬 it was also at the break of dawn. it was so sudden, I suppose I didn't notice her in stage 1 labour. Is this normal? She doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, I haven't seen any visible contractions yet either. It's the weekend so I am unable to contact the local vet. She is acting very very sweet and has meowed to me a sweet low meow 3x within the night. She never meows at me except when I have her treat bag in my hand. She has slight leakage of milk as well. Also has been cleaning herself every 20 minutes on the dot. Like clock work.she is a tortoise shell calico kitty. I can upload a photo of her vulva if needed for visual

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay my Primrose is due any day now. This is her 3rd pregnancy. Please don't hassle me about spaying, I had an appt scheduled when I found out she was pregnant AGAIN. She mainly stays indoors except for the few exceptions of escaping through the door.
She is due at any moment now, I'm pretty sure she lost her mucus plug within the last week. She has been nesting like crazy and scratching her nesting bed the last 3 days. Well yesterday at 6pm I noticed 3 drops of blood and clear liquid. She was purring heavily. I was sure she was in labour. She has even spent most the night in her kittening bassinet I have for her. I've been up all night monitoring her and still no progress. No more blood but still her vulva is barely wet. Is this amniotic fluid? Her last two births she gave birth on my daughter, and then 2nd birth on my son😬 it was also at the break of dawn. it was so sudden, I suppose I didn't notice her in stage 1 labour. Is this normal? She doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, I haven't seen any visible contractions yet either. It's the weekend so I am unable to contact the local vet. She is acting very very sweet and has meowed to me a sweet low meow 3x within the night. She never meows at me except when I have her treat bag in my hand. She has slight leakage of milk as well. Also has been cleaning herself every 20 minutes on the dot. Like clock work.she is a tortoise shell calico kitty. I can upload a photo of her vulva if needed for visual
As the wet isnt much, so it may be the usual fluids.... Or it may even be amniotic fluid yes.
This later is potentially worrying, but we had forumites where the self deliver went without problems, although the waters broke even days before...
So, not optimal but no cause to panic.

Cats have usually shorter prelabor than humans, but what they DO have shorter, is the active pushing phase...

As it is, it sounds she HAS an advanced stage of prelabor, but the pushing has not began as yet...

Lets hope for the best.

Ps. If she eats or drinks anything, try to entice into her something calcium rich; whatever you have at home and she accepts...
goats milk, yoghurt, cheese, kmr.... dry food for mothers with kittens... Cant hurt, may help.
Lack of calcium may cause weak labor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Primrose67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As the wet isnt much, so it may be the usual fluids.... Or it may even be amniotic fluid yes.
This later is potentially worrying, but we had forumites where the self deliver went without problems, although the waters broke even days before...
So, not optimal but no cause to panic.

Cats have usually shorter prelabor than humans, but what they DO have shorter, is the active pushing phase...

As it is, it sounds she HAS an advanced stage of prelabor, but the pushing has not began as yet...

Lets hope for the best.

Ps. If she eats or drinks anything, try to entice into her something calcium rich; whatever you have at home and she accepts...
goats milk, yoghurt, cheese, kmr.... dry food for mothers with kittens... Cant hurt, may help.
Lack of calcium may cause weak labor.
Thank you for replying!!!! I'm still monitoring her, no different news so far. I'm hoping stage 2 starts because this has made me a nervous wreck! I can't imagine her anticipation! She's been so sweet and just a purring. Still no visible sign of contractions. I even put on her favorite bird videos to try and keep her calm and collective thinking relaxation would help. I'll make an update if anything changes.
Also thanks for the advice on calcium!!! About to try that now!!!