Lazy kitty or sick kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natlay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kirby is doing much better. He's not quite back to his usual naughty self but he's been playing a little with his toys and he doesn't look all sad and pitiful anymore. I took off work today so I can watch him and make sure he rests.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear he's improving! A rice sock might help his back feel a bit better when he's napping.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by natlay

Kirby is doing much better. He's not quite back to his usual naughty self but he's been playing a little with his toys and he doesn't look all sad and pitiful anymore.
That's great news

natlay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Kirby seems in pain again today even after I gave his medicine a couple hours ago. He's moving really slow and didn't even make it onto the couch when he tried to jump up. He's still eating and drinking and is on my lap now playing with the zipper on my shirt but I feel so bad for him
I think we're going to go back to the vet tomorrow to make sure it's nothing serious. It's only been a couple days...he probably needs more time to heal but I want him better now!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think how to put this delicately, so I'll just ask: has he pooped?
Pain meds could be making him constipaed, and you know how THAT makes you feel.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
that's exactly what I was going to ask. Has Kirby pooped lately?? Sure hope he feels better soon. It hurts us meowmys too when our babies are not feeling well. Sending good

natlay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming he has pooped but I can't be sure since I have four cats and have been at work a lot in the past couple days. My husband has been out of town for work but we'll both be home early today so we can keep an eye on him.

I think Kirby's legs or back must be hurting because he is moving really slowly and carefully and won't jump up on anything. It's so sad because he keeps watching the other cats play and then he waits until they are out of the room to slowly walk over and bat at a toy. Right now he's stalking his girlfriend and really wants to pounce her. It would be so much easier if he could just tell me what hurt.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, so sorry that he has not improved much, I think the vet should definetely do an x-ray to see whats going on.xx

natlay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think we'll be going back to the vet this morning
My kitties seem to have the worst timing...my vet closes at one and I'm supposed to work this morning and then pick up my husband from the airport. I've missed a lot of work already this week...good thing I am salaried and not hourly
Kirby is worth it though. I'd have to wait until late Monday to take him if we don't go today. Poor little guy. He needs to feel better so Ellie can pounce his tail again...she loves that game but he won't play right now.