Laying my Kicia to rest

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This morning I said one last goodbye to my beautiful little girl.

I made a long thread in cat health, if you are curious you can see the story there. It ends badly, so if you don't want to be depressed stay clear. I am posting here to make me feel like someone else, anyone else might think about her a little, so she doesn't fade from the universe quite so quickly.

Thank you again to all those who shared life with me there.

I dug a hole in a soft sunny spot surrounded by rhododendrons and trees full of birds.

Sleep well, my beautiful little girl.

She will never fade from the universe as long as your love for her exists. We all will keep her story in our hearts. My thoughts and prayers are with you. RIP sweet girl.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, @sadDad
  I also followed your other thread, but didn't have a chance to post there. I like @Gareth's idea of putting a solar light in that spot you created for Kicia! I recently lost my "soul cat" as well, so I know all too well, unfortunately, the pain you are experiencing. It'll get a little better each day. Sometimes it comes in waves and hits us hard. And then it seems a little better again. The third day was the worst for me. Hang in there, buddy.

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so sorry for your loss, @sadDad
  I also followed your other thread, but didn't have a chance to post there. I like @Gareth's idea of putting a solar light in that spot you created for Kicia! I recently lost my "soul cat" as well, so I know all too well, unfortunately, the pain you are experiencing. It'll get a little better each day. Sometimes it comes in waves and hits us hard. And then it seems a little better again. The third day was the worst for me. Hang in there, buddy.
It's grief. You will generally get better as time passes, but there will be high days when you think you are getting much better then low days when you don't know how to go on. Just get up, eat, drink, get through the day, and go to bed. Then repeat.

Time will heal. You'll never forget the loss, it just won't stab you in the soul each time you think of your cat. Sitting here even now writing this has made me think of Eva, whom I lost three years ago now and swear took part of my world with her. Even now, the days don't seem as bright, and colours not as vivid, as when I was sharing my home with her. I'm grimacing as I write. It doesn't bring me pain any more, but it's still so terribly sad to me that Eva's young life was wasted and her promise lost. That feeling never goes away, and I still her. I always will. 

Last edited:

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your long time friend. Your dedication and love is an example to us all. Death is the hardest thing about owning a pet. Saying goodbye seems unbearable.

I had started to follow your post but couldn't finish it. The emotion was so deep and raw. I've got tears streaming down my face. I unfortunately finished it when I came to the bridge forum. (I too have an ill, dying cat... only she's not old).

You saved her when you met her and the love that will never fade, diminish, or end. She'll always be with you safe and sound inside your heart.