latest american idol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Kelley Clarkson is doing rather well for herself and in my opinion, has been the only one to really BE an american idol. Fantasia and Ruben just didnt fit to me, and they have just blended in and faded out now.
I always thought Ruben was overrated, it annoyed me how
Simon never EVER said a bad thing about his performances.
I enjoy his voice for like 5 minutes but then get bored.
Fantasia I do think has talent and could be on broadway or something. But when I saw her in the Thanksgiving parade I kind of wondered if she is going downhill? Did her record sell? I am actually not a Kelly Clarkson fan myself but I did sense she had some staying power.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marge, I agree with you on Ruben AND Fantasia. And no, I don't think her record has done too well.... based on her "Summertime" performance, you're right- she should do Broadway or at least do an album of standards. I think Kelly is great and Clay Aiken has a phenomenal voice (a voice that Anothony Federov is trying too hard to copy!).

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My feeling with Fantasia is she has a great voice but it's not one that the younger set would like as much, so she likely won't sell as much. But they would be wise to put her on stage.

Ruben I think will be doing state fairs any day now. If he isn't already.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I agree with you that Aloha should be a wild card. She did so great in her first performance; I think her last performance was a fluke. I also still like Carrie and Jessica for the girls. As for the guys, I'm looking at either Constantine or Bo to WIN THIS ONE!!!

Also, I agree with Sanctie- Janay should be LONG GONE!
Janay may be like that red haired guy last year and have some following who like her and be around too long.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

Janay may be like that red haired guy last year and have some following who like her and be around too long.
JOHN STEVENS! That name will haunt me until the day I die....

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

JOHN STEVENS! That name will haunt me until the day I die....
Yeah he was a sweet kid but it was literally painful to hear him toward the end!

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rita

She reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it
She reminds me of Fran Dresher. You know the Nanny. She annoys me a little bit. If she toned it down just a little I think she would be much more pleasant.

Tricia

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

She reminds me of Fran Dresher. You know the Nanny. She annoys me a little bit. If she toned it down just a little I think she would be much more pleasant.

Tricia
You know, I don't mind her personality but I think her voice was bad last time! I almost wondered if the sound on my TV was off cause I was literally shocked the judges thought she was so good. In my place she sounded really flat and bad.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

Tricia
That's exactly who i think of when i see Mikalah Gordon. I LOVE her though! I think she is adorable. I do, however, see how how some may find her annoying.

My FAVORITES out of the whole bunch are Vonzell and David Brown. David Brown was cut last week though, and that was a mistake. He had better be back as a wildcard. He didn't perform as well as he did during his first try-out, so that's probably why he was cut, but I really hope they give him another shot.