Late Question of the Day - Thursday September 8, 2023

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm super late on the question. I'm telling you I remember most weeks because trash day is Thursdays but it's Friday this week because of Labor Day. So on to the question. In the last few years, I experience nostalgia way more than I would like because it's often linked to feelings of sadness, regret, and wishing for an easier time, so that has me asking you guys this question:

When you feel nostalgic, for what do you most often feel nostalgia?

I experience most nostalgia from college because I feel I missed out on a lot because of my depression and then not doing well academically. I wish I could relive that time when my brain is actually healthy. I miss attending classes and living on the small campus. My best friend went to the same college as me and we roomed together freshman year, so I often text her saying, "I miss Morris so much," (I attended the University of Minnesota Morris). Now that I'm 37 and my 20 year high school reunion is next year, I think those feeling will only increase.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
To me nostalgic reminds me of something sentimental. When I eat at a restaurant where my parents liked to go it brings back memories since they are both gone now. Actually anything related to them is nostalgic for me, e.g. a phrase they would use, a favorite vacation spot, birthday gifts I saved from them, etc.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had my first cat, I was very small and couldn’t properly appreciate her remarkable personality and abilities. Now, thinking back on various events connected with her, I realize how intelligent she was, how tame and good-natured, and that she actually loved me. And I regret the, fortunately few, occasions that I, as a child, wasn’t very nice to her.

I wish I could recreate some time with her. I even dream that, with the advances in DNA cloning technology, she could be “recreated” from some of her hair I could recover.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Grandparents. It might come through with foods they made or things that interested them. Or things that just remind me of them. But it makes me nostalgic for the time I spent with them and those carefree days. Theres that feeling of unconditional love and someone having all the answers. I know I tried to savor my time with them; but gosh it wasn't enough.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t generally feel nostalgic. I don’t miss much about my earlier years - there was too much that spoiled them for unadulterated happy memories. I didn’t enjoy childhood, and the adult years that could have been enjoyable were severely tainted by stress and anxiety from horrible neighbours.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our RugCats. Six of the craziest, most wonderful cats on the planet.

Whisper, her son BooBoo, her daughter Ms. Pepe, her sister Bootser. Hydrox, the Old Coot. Banshee, the Queen B and the absolute feline love of my life (don't tell Molli, please because I love her dearly...honest). And Amber Louise. The five of them grew up together and were such close cats. Hydrox was an older kitty when Whisper came into the house, but he became part of the Clan. They were wonderful furkids. I'd dearly love to spend time with them again. Even Da Pumpkin-Boy, who was only with us for a short time, was amazing; he died from leukemia and left a huge hole in our hearts. We brought Amber into the Clan when he died.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This is a tough one. I guess it would be when I was a young child, my college years and some of our early years being married.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do miss having a dog normally when my brother's are telling me what their dog's have been up to. I have even gone to meet my brother just to walk round the park with Bob his dog. We always had dog's and cat's growing up and when my kid's were young we had dog's. I just don't have time to put into training and walking dog regularly, so it wouldn't be fair on the dog if I did get one.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do miss having a dog normally when my brother's are telling me what their dog's have been up to. I have even gone to meet my brother just to walk round the park with Bob his dog.
:yeah: Thank you, don't know how I could have forgotten our dog(s). Very nostalgic and, yes, I miss our pups too. When we go to an outdoor cafe or park we are fondly reminded of them. 🐶

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youth, just because I would like a do-over and go to college. Also would love to spend time with Mally, my precious tuxedo boy cat from my teenage years.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, probably buildings praticularly historicly or arcitecturaly signifant ones.

I visited the Niagra Power Plant this summer and its like walking into a time machiene. Massive generators that once powered factories across niagra canada and buffalo usa, huge steel doors, and arcitecture that was built to stand the test of time when electricity and technology was in its infancy.

It is a gorgeous building, unasuming from the outside. Yet a 1900's tecnological marvel inside. Going inside just feels like steping into the early 1900's

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my kids were toddlers. I love that stage and feel far past it.