Latchkey Cat

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regina,

I'm glad to hear Ebony has a good home. He sounds like he's fitting in nicely. I did the same thing you did. I wanted to take both Mollie Rose and her sister home but didn't know what to expect with one kitten let alone two. You never know. Maybe when you finally realize you're ready for another one you'll have the same fascinating experience with him or her as you did with Ebony. By the way, I now have 7.

Good luck.

Donna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

regina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Julie & Jacqui,

Thanks for your support! Jacqui, I will try using the warmer water next time Ebony gets a bath. 7 cats--how do you cope with the litter box? I scoop twice a day and even so the room with the litter pan has become uninhabitable! On the body temperature thing, I have noticed that he seems comfortable at an air temperature that is too warm for me. He doesn't like to sit in the living room with the air conditioning on and will tuck his paws in to conserve warmth and go into "cat loaf" mode. He is also a big snuggler and will cuddle up to watch TV with us, probably trying to keep warm!

Regina

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi Regina!
:daisy:
:angel2:

I'm so excited to hear of the news! I think your decision was very smart based on what you felt in your heart...You never know; eventually you may decide to get another one...cats are very addictive! :LOL: Whatever your decision, I'm just so happy that Ebony has found you and your hubby!

I can tell love you are in love with him and I'm sure the feeling is mutual
Thank you so much for adopting Ebony!

Love, Peace &
PS...I thought you might like this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

regina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I meant to say "Donna" not "Julie"! Catarina, you're right, we are in love with our fat little cat! I can't imagine what it would ike to have kids, we spend so much time thinking about Ebony's care and safety. BTW, your kitties are gorgeous! I'll have to get some photos of Ebony uploaded so you can see his big belly in all its glory. He's going to the vet this weekend for a checkup, and I'm going to get some recommendations on how to put him on a diet...but we must preserve the image of that belly for posterity!

Regina