Lasik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fraidy cat, but they're giving me valium to calm me down. It will also help me sleep after the procedure because I'm supposed to keep my eyes closed for awhile.

Many thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My aunt had it done and loves it! She is 20/15 now. I'd love to have it done someday. But I'll also wait until my 30's or so to see what more of the long-term effects are. Maybe the procedure will advance even more! I think its been kidn of creepy reading about the procedure on here though

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went great. I can already see pretty well. Everything is rather foggy though. They told me that is because the flap is swollen and that will go away. I'm already really excited! I can see the cats clearly from all the way across the room. I'm typing this without glasses or contacts and with my face a normal distance from the screen.

I would have posted sooner but for the first 3 hours after surgery, my eyes were just burning and stinging like crazy. I took 4 Advils. You're supposed to sleep through that part, but I wasn't sleepy, so I just layed down and relaxed, and the cats layed down with me. Now my eyes feel perfectly fine.

It's really amazing how well you can see immediately after the procedure. All I can say is wow!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrPaws

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went great. I can already see pretty well. Everything is rather foggy though. They told me that is because the flap is swollen and that will go away. I'm already really excited! I can see the cats clearly from all the way across the room. I'm typing this without glasses or contacts and with my face a normal distance from the screen.

I would have posted sooner but for the first 3 hours after surgery, my eyes were just burning and stinging like crazy. I took 4 Advils. You're supposed to sleep through that part, but I wasn't sleepy, so I just layed down and relaxed, and the cats layed down with me. Now my eyes feel perfectly fine.

It's really amazing how well you can see immediately after the procedure. All I can say is wow!
Yay you!! That is great, congrats on the new look at life!!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! This is so terrific!
I couldn't sleep after the procedure, either, I was so excited. How's your vision tonight? Polly and Prego are, of course, gorgeous as ever, aren't they, and now you'll never again have to grab your glasses or put in contacts to bask in their beauty!

polyglot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great to hear you again about it!

I have bad vision, and plan on doing it as well. Glasses make me annoyed, and contacts always are getting irritated.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Wow! This is so terrific!
I couldn't sleep after the procedure, either, I was so excited. How's your vision tonight? Polly and Prego are, of course, gorgeous as ever, aren't they, and now you'll never again have to grab your glasses or put in contacts to bask in their beauty!
Thanks! Polly and Prego send purrs.

My vision is still fairly blurry right now, but I'm able to read, type on the computer and watch TV. I can function just fine. My doctor said the blurriness would go away in time. I think a lot of it will go away once I go to sleep tonight.

Polyglot, let me know if you have any questions. I (and I'm sure all the others on this board that have had LASIK) would be glad to answer any questions. Have you been evaluated or anything yet? Definitely keep us updated.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll probably have even better technology then. Look how far they've already come since the days of RK.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all that talk of this surgery gives me the heebie-jeebies... I can't even stand an eyelash in my eye, let alone anyting else!

You guys are all way braver than I am!!!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

all that talk of this surgery gives me the heebie-jeebies... I can't even stand an eyelash in my eye, let alone anyting else!

You guys are all way braver than I am!!!
It gives me the heebie-jeebies, too, but really the procedure is very short and not hard at all. The part that really gives me the heebie-jeebies is the peeling of the flap back from the eye. But if they didn't tell me just what they were doing the whole time, I really wouldn't have known. The laser makes kind of a scary sound (a ticking). It's not bad though.

I'm back at work today. I saw my doctor this afternoon, and I'm cleared for driving and working. She says everything looks great. I'm 20/15 in my right eye and 20/30 in my left eye. She thinks my left eye will improve in the next couple weeks. I also got to take off the silly goggles

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the world of normal vision.

Sometime, I DO miss having my glasses to hide behind, though. My eyes usually give away my feelings, even when my face is a blank mask.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went in for another check-up yesterday. My doctor says everything looks great. My right eye is still 20/15 and my left eye has improved to 20/20 (just like she said it would). Together they can easily see 20/15.

Well, I promised to keep you all updated, so that's what I'm doing :-)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother was legally blind before his procedure. The doctor told him that the could bring him to 20/20, but then he would settle back to needing reading glasses. He loves it, he realized the impact that it had the day his son was born and he took off his glasses to wipe a tear, and could still see everything in the room.