lasik eye surgery

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scott had it done like 5 years or so ago before I even met him! He said that his eyes felt very dry for the first few days, and that he just had to keep putting drops in them.

They even videotaped it! He watched it once because he was curious, but he leaves it with his old stuff at his mom's. His brother came across it and unknowingly watced it and he kind of freaked out...LOL. I won't watch it either though.

It drastically boosted his self esteem! He still has his coke bottle glasses as a momento!

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so wanting to have it done but I just cant afford it and insurance doesn't cover squat. Donations would be good.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

My mom also said it's the best investment she ever made. I'm sure you will be SO glad you had it done

I'm jealous of everyone who's able to get it done! My eyesight is too bad even for LASIK. There are a few procedures that may help me one day, but they still need a few years to refine
Yikes! How bad is your eye sight? I would love to be able to get the surgery done but I definitely can't afford it. I have really bad eye sight too.. Not sure if it's bad enough that I couldn't have the surgery done. My contacts are -5.0.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GratefulBear629

Yikes! How bad is your eye sight? I would love to be able to get the surgery done but I definitely can't afford it. I have really bad eye sight too.. Not sure if it's bad enough that I couldn't have the surgery done. My contacts are -5.0.
Wow it must really suck for you not having corrective lenses. My left eye is -3.50 and my right is -2.75 and I cant see shoot without them.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no.. I do have contacts. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to live without them. If I take them out I can only see things a few inches in front of my face.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abnihon

ok, I had it done 2 days ago and it went really well! I went from 20/400 to 20/20, though for now, there's occassional fogginess and it's hard to focus on written words, but I guess that's normal in the beginning.
I'm taking my drops, wearing sunglasses or clear glasses all the time to protect my eyes, and trying to keep me eyes closed as much as I can (listening to a lot of music and books and tape).
Any other advice?
thanks guys!
Ooooh how exciting for you!