Laser-Pointer as a toy?

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My babies know exactly where the beam comes from they even go up to the "Bada Beam" and hit at it when they want to play. They still love it though.

foxfire

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my cat was little, his lazer pointer was absolutely his favorite toy!! The first time I pointed it for him, he ran after it until his tongue was literally hanging out. Of course, I stopped it then.

He's now almost two years old and doesn't seem to go as all-out for it, but he still really enjoys his pointer.

But I never shine it in his eyes. And he never really looks into it, either.

heddafish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was at the pet store the other day and they actually sell a collar that has pointer attached to it so it shines on the floor in fornt of the cat so they can chase it. Thought that was creative.

jeza921

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some cats are actually colorblind, and when you can't see red light you can't see the laser! Two of my mom's cats love the laser and chase it all over the house, but the third can't see a thing! The two cats will be going crazy and the third one is like "what is everyone looking at?" He's not just unimpressed, he truly does not see it.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a small problem with mine. My cats love their lazer, but chester (the smartypants) has figured out where the light comes from and starts looking at the lazer. Of course I turn it off right after he starts to do this, but it doesn't take long, and he really needs to continue loosing weight.