Largest city you've been to

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

What is the largest city you've been to (population wise)?

Here's mine...
Calgary, AB - 988,193
Edmonton, AB - 730,372
Vancouver, BC - 587,891
Saskatoon, SK - 202,425
Regina, SK - 179,246
According to the 2007 almanac, Mumbai is now the largest city in the world. I have been there but it is better known as Bombay. (It changed names.)

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the list of largest cities in the States....

21,786,105\tNew York
17,775,984\tLos Angeles
9,725,317\tChicago
5,539,949\tHouston
1,942,217\tSan Antonio
6,003,967\tDallas

Those are urban populations, by the way

\tHongKong 6,843,000

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably London, Paris, Chicago, Atlanta, Vegas-I don't know how big Boston's population is.....

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grew up in Chicago and just got back from a week long trip there. Also lived in Houston which is pretty big. I now live in Kansas City.

Other cities I've visited: New York, Washington D.C., Boston, Los Angelos, San Diego, Phoenix, Tucson, Minneapolis, Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, Panama City, St. Louis, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Tampa/St. Pete, Toronto, Detroit, Honolulu, Denver, Las Vegas. Some lesser sized cities: Kingston (Jamaica), Albequerque, Santa Fe, Louisberg (KY), Charleston, Raleigh.

I travel a lot.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure... NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Frankfort (Germany)? I live in the Dallas metro area (used to live in Dallas proper), and it's fourth largest in the country now, I believe.

I read something the other day, though, that stunned me: that in China, there are something like eight cities we've never even heard of that are larger than NYC! It's hard to imagine how many people there are over there.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whew - according to that link, Mumbai, India has 29,650 per sq/km! In comparison, by home town Brisbane (Australia), is the 122nd biggest city and has a massive 850 people per sq/km.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LA...ok, I was suttled from the airport to the hotel and shuttled back, so I got to see all of 3 miles of LA. Tokyo, but that time I didn't get to leave the airport. Honolulu, Charlette NC, Washington DC, Pittsburg, Ft Worth/Dallas, Richmond, VA. I judge a big city by the traffic, not the population because that doesn't take into account the people that are commuting from the suburbs. I know most people that work in DC don't live there, but the traffic is unreal!! If I have to close my eyes while on the highway so I don't panic (when DH is driving of course) I consider that a big city!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child I was so many places I don't remember, rarely stopped though. I do know we passed through Denver a few times, LA twice, St Louis numerous times.
Have visited Seattle a few times as an adult. Laid over in SanFran airport once. Oh and Dallas on a greyhound bus

Largest city I have ever been any length of time is here - Portland, Oregon

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tucson - 1 million
Phoenix - 1.5 million
Las Vegas NV - 600.000
Buffalo NY- 1.6 million
San Diego - 1.25 million