Laptop or desktop?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

I have and love my laptop!! Although I wish I could afford a Mac so I can skype with all my friends away at college! I can take my laptop to school and get on the internet there because itis wireless....its amazing!!! I cant stand having to stay in one place with a desktop, my laptop goes with me everywhere!!!
You don't need a Mac to Skype. I don't actually use Skype as much as I expected to, but I'm a PC user and so are most, if not all, of the people I connect with that way.

However, desktop vs laptop: I have desktop both at home and at work, but every so often have occasion to use a laptop. While I could certainly appreciate the portability, I have never gotten used to laptop keyboards, and would insist on a regular mouse. So for the forseeable future, I think I'll be sticking with desktop.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the price of a laptop, I can get a fantastic desktop that can be upgraded and last a number of years.

badkelpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Netbook!

I even have one of the little bitty, first ones that started popping up. Asus Eee PC, 4g. It has half a gig ram, 4g solid state disk (no hard drive), 7" screen. My fingers never liked the regular keyboards, this one is much smaller than most laptops, let alone desktop keyboards. It's perfect. You get used to the touchpad. Fits in my purse, and is sturdy, and lightweight.