Lap cat problem?

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to comment when I read the bit about that look he gives like "how can you throw me off". How I know that look! Caspian is a big boy too but he also likes to lay on our bed and at the top of his cat tree. Though quite often he'll land on my knee, if I am doing my knitting or tapestry and I can't get on with it. I put him down and pick my knitting up. Then he stares at me in disguist and I can't help but laugh at him but then he goes and sits on the window sill with his back to me as if he is sulking and then i have to abandon whatever I am doing. Scoop him up and sit down with him purring contentedly on my lap.

timbo2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I love Swanie to death, I love to cuddle with him, but when he's on my lap I can't do anything else. He's a big guy and sprawls out and stretches and I end up having to hold him on half the time so he doesn't fall off. The problem? I can't sit down without him jumping on my lap. I really want to get back into my crocheting, but every time I sit down - couch, chair, floor, whatever, there he is. He can be sound alseep on another floor, I sit down, and there he is. I don't want to discourage him, I just want to figure out a way to sit in a comfortable location and do something other than hold him on once in a while. He has even been getting on my lap when I'm at the computer if I don't put the chair in close enough so that he doesn't have room.

Any ideas how I can decide when it's okay for him to get on without discouraging him forever?
Not sure what the solution is,, but I have the very same problem,, I can't sit down without the cat crawling in my lap, putting his paws up around my neck. Help! I love the cat,, but I really wish he wasn't so needy! We have another cat as well, so it can't be that he is lonely... I just wish I could sit in peace without constantly having him crawl all over me.... We just got him last spring from my mother in law... and he was okay all summer,, just in the last couple of months,, it seems to have gotten worse!