Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

Any more languages?

I was curious about...

Love
I love you
I love cats
Here kitty kitty (How ever one would call a cat in another language)
friend

I appreciate all the languages shared

Be safe.
Not sure if anyone's done the spanish translations for these, so here ya go! I'm bilingual, but I'm a little rusty on some of my Spanish, so correct me if these are wrong Rigel!

Love - Amo

I Love You- Te Amo

I love cats - Te amo gatos

Here kitty kitty - aqui, gato gato (there should be an accent over the i in aqui, my computer won't cooperate. Not sure of the translation for "kitty" but cat is Gato)

friend- amigo

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You both beat me to it! My husband is Czech and my mother's background is Finnish.
My dad spoke some Gaelic....but I'm not even going to try translating that here.

Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

Czech:

I lived in Prague the 1st 4 months of 2009.

Hi - ahoj (ahoy) spoken only if you knew the person well, otherwise it is Good day (dobrý den)

How are you - Jak se máš (yahk see (maush))
Please - ProsÃ:censor:m (pro-seem)
Thank you - Děkujeme vám (Da-koo-eee vahm?) Czechs usually only say the first word. I never heard the second word.

Your welcome - Rádo se stalo (don't remember)
Cat - kočka (no idea)

Here are some others...

Good day - dobrý den (dohbree-den) Said to the cashier, bank teller, etc instead of "Hi"
Good evening - dobrý večer (dohbree vahseer)
Do you speak english? MluvÃ:censor:te anglicky? (Mlah-veetay oon-glits-skee)
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

In Finnish and Swedish

Swedish speakers, feel free to correct me.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In German, the closest to the saying "In the end, everything works out.....If it doesn't work out, you haven't reached the end yet." would be Am Ende, funktioniert es auch ... Wenn es nicht klappt, müssen Sie nicht am Ende noch. Directly translated it means "In the end, it works well ... If it does not work, you have not finished yet."

As for pronunciation, Am Ende is pronounced exactly how it's spelled. Funktioniert would be just like function-eert but in the German one, there's a bit more emphasis on the u. Es is just as it's spelled, auch is like ow and then a sort of gargling sound in the back out your throat at the end (same thing applies to a lot of ch combinations following a vowel). Wenn is like venn, nicht is neesht, klappt is clapped, müssen is like moossen. Sie = see, nicht, am, Ende are the same as before, and noch is like auch with the same gargling sound at the end but it's not a long o like no. It's short. Hopefully that helps.

And be safe I guess would be sicher sein, it's the direct translation, but in German that means sure. So I don't think there's actually a way to say be safe in German