Lamont Forever

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@nerdgirl5, I'm so sorry for your loss. Lamont was such a strong, brave boy to fight that cancer for so long. Like many of us, I also know what it's like to lose a "soulcat". I lost mine two months ago. My thoughts are with you. 

Lamont...you are now free of pain, sweet boy. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go holistic

just saw you lost your soul cat 2 months ago and I would like to say I am sorry...

SheriT, Lily and Bro

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi @nerdgirl5  You've been on my mind.  I hope you were able to pick up Lamont's ashes and can finally take a breath.  I can only imagine last week must have been a whirlwind for you.  Thinking of you.  Best always.

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks.  Turns out his ashes weren't ready (originally I was told Monday--when I called, they told me Thursday.)  Last week was INTENSE.  Plus, I'm in the middle of a lot of other stuff that's become front and center which, in a way, has been a good thing. Taken my mind off things.  

I'm back to work now, which is also a good thing.   The worst was the first few days.  BTW, I STRONGLY recommend the ASPCA grief hotline, in the even you're ever in this situation. It was incredibly helpful. 

Thanks for asking. 

How are you?  How's Simon?  Hope all is still well. 

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meanwhile, it just keeps getting worse.

I put Lamont to sleep on May 10th.  I was told that his ashes would be ready on the 16th.  They weren't. They assured me, ASSURED ME, I would get them today.  Once again, they're not there.

Yes, I already paid for this.  The vet's assistant told me she would call the place and let me know as soon as they got back to her (today or tomorrow.) I am FURIOUS.  This has re-opened my grief all over again and it sucks.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
How awful.  I hope you get this resolved ASAP.  There is no excuse for this and I'm so sorry it is making things even worse.  

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

I put Lamont to sleep on May 10th.  I was told that his ashes would be ready on the 16th.  They weren't. They assured me, ASSURED ME, I would get them today.  Once again, they're not there.

Yes, I already paid for this.  The vet's assistant told me she would call the place and let me know as soon as they got back to her (today or tomorrow.) I am FURIOUS.  This has re-opened my grief all over again and it sucks.
I am so sorry for your loss. The vet clinic can give you the name of the facility where Lamont was taken and you can contact them yourself. I do not recommend going there unless you are fully prepared for what you will see. Having interacted personally during Kitten's cremation they depend on their good reputation to do things right and get your pet back to you.

Middlemen often make the situation more stressful even when that isn't the intention.

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks @kittensmom

First, I'm sorry for what you went through and sorry for your loss.

And yes, when I speak with my vet tomorrow I will ask for the name of the facility and speak with them myself.  NOT planning on going there at all.  But especially in this day and age--with the effect social media has--I'm hoping that they do the right thing.

The vet's assistant said that sometimes if there's only one cat's ashes, they don't make the delivery.  Which is insane and insensitive.  I really wish my vet's assistant's understood how horrifying it is for a pet owner to have to wait like this.  

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks @kittensmom

First, I'm sorry for what you went through and sorry for your loss.

And yes, when I speak with my vet tomorrow I will ask for the name of the facility and speak with them myself.  NOT planning on going there at all.  But especially in this day and age--with the effect social media has--I'm hoping that they do the right thing.

The vet's assistant said that sometimes if there's only one cat's ashes, they don't make the delivery.  Which is insane and insensitive.  I really wish my vet's assistant's understood how horrifying it is for a pet owner to have to wait like this.  
They offer the service so we don't have to deal with this. I opted in the end for a witnessed private cremation. While the facility as a whole is not pleasant there was an air of professionalism and decency in the way the animals were treated. I agree 1 or 20 delivery should be daily . You paid for a service.

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree 1 or 20 delivery should be daily . You paid for a service.
Couldn't agree more.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@nerdgirl5  I am so sorry to learn this news.  I know were in the same area...  Do you know if they took him to Long Island or Westchester.  I do know a couple of people who deal with a couple of facilities, I mean this sincerely, if you need help, PM me.  I'm serious.

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much.  I will.  I'm supposed to hear back from the vet tomorrow (and I'll be out of town for work.) If it's not resolved by tomorrow (meaning I get a definitive answer), I will ABSOLUTELY PM  you.  

I truly appreciate it. 

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you so much.  I will.  I'm supposed to hear back from the vet tomorrow (and I'll be out of town for work.) If it's not resolved by tomorrow (meaning I get a definitive answer), I will ABSOLUTELY PM  you.  

I truly appreciate it. 
You're very welcome.  I will make time if needed.  I know you have your friends to help also, but I'm here as a back up.  This was my fear for Simon when the time come, I'd go nuts, and I feel your anxiety and helplessness.  

I'm glad you're getting out of town, even if it's just for work.  Sometimes it good to be busy.  I'll be thinking about you and your precious angel Lamont.  Keep us posted.

Be safe in your travels.  Warm regards...

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much.  I will keep you posted.

All the best...

nerdgirl5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just got back in town and have good news to report:  This morning, I called the vet again and they said I they would have the manager of the vet's office call me (which truly scared me.)  Luckily, he called back within 15 minutes, had ALREADY spoken with the crematorium (turns out the truck from the crematorium had problems) and said they'd be delivering Lamont's ashes today! He called me back 40 minutes later and his ashes are at the vet's.

I am SO RELIEVED!  It's crazy, but I feel like he's coming back home with me.  It truly lifted a dark cloud.  

Thank you guys SO much for the support and for being there! 

I'm picking them up tomorrow.