Ladies: what skin care products do you use?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister worked at Elizabeth Arden for a few years and I ended up with a huge stash of cosmetics from presents and discounts. I also did some work for them and received items. Before Elizabeth Arden I was an Lâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]Oreal girl. I would recommend both products.

Every morning I use a 3 in 1 face wash thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s an exfoliater, toner and cleanser. Then I put on a SPF 15 eye cream, lip cream and facial moisturizer (all E Arden). Sometimes after I wash my face ill use Biore toner for a cleaner feel.

Thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s it though, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t wash my makeup off at night, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t wear much. For a body wash I use Dial yogurt and vanilla body wash. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s awesome, before I discovered this I would always buy different kinds and never had a favorite. I wont buy anything different now.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quite like using the moisturisers from the avon catalogues, but I'm on my last two tubes now and haven't been able to order any more
May try something new...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Truth is - you cannot put collagen into your skin. It is too big.
You cannot prevent wrinkles from using lotion.

The best things for younger looking skin is:
Good genetics
Drink lots of water
Avoid sunlight - if you cannot, then use SPF lotion
If you use moisturiser, use one that has a little bit of oil in it. The oil protects your skin.

That is all you need for good skin.
A very good post.
What else should be on that list is eating well. You body needs plenty of nutrients to stay healthy.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

A very good post.
What else should be on that list is eating well. You body needs plenty of nutrients to stay healthy.
I knew I had forgotten something. Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to drink a minimum of 3 liters of water every day, I measure it. The thing is, I also drink sodas
I started measuring how much water I drink because I wanted to make sure I'm getting enough on top of whatever soda, because I couldn't stop the sodas- I must be addicted to diet pepsi. So I dunno if the soda cancels out the water lol since it has caffeine. If anyone knows then please tell me...
I am 20 so I'm not worried about wrinkles yet, it's mostly trying to get all that acne damage out. I don't really have acne scars, but there is some redness where there used to be a pimple, I haven't broken out in about 2-3 months.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

So I dunno if the soda cancels out the water lol since it has caffeine. If anyone knows then please tell me...
While caffeine is a mild diuretic, in people that regularly consume it the effect is dulled. One gets used to it in other words.

If you are going to push 3 liters or more per day and still drink soda, make sure you're getting enough potassium and magnesium in your diet to help prevent an electrolyte imbalance. Sodium isn't as big of an issue because (iirc you're 20?) you probably do eat plenty of salty snacks.
If you find yourself peeing a lot, and it's pretty much clear, you're probably drinking a bit too much water - and remember other fluids such as milk, juices, and foods that are mostly water (such as watermelon) do count.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's crazy...the thing is I hate drinking water, the only way to drink it is if I force myself. Otherwise, there was this period of time when I've had 2-3 liters of diet coke and no water at all and that's still what I would like if I were to not think about my health...Is an electrolyte imbalance dangerous? Is it caused by drinking too many fluids? btw what is iirc is that some kind of abbreviation? lol sorry..