LADIES! Were you prepared...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please dont get me wrong, unfortunately my mother is a little slow..
She went to my grandmothers funeral and all of a sudden came home with these phamplets about Menopause... she wouldnt read it so I
read it for her.. and I said, forget it youre already over it!

But in the last two years she has been really cranky, but I cant tell if its actually menopause or its from her drinking.

I am always scared that I will have Cancer or go through menopause at a young age, my mother stopped having her periods briefly after giving birth to me. And she was 35 at the time.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread took me down memory lane. Here's some educational material for those that don't have anyone to tell you about it.

Hot flashes:
I got these a few years back and they happened over the course of the winter (thank heavens). My old house didn't have heat in the upstairs bedrooms. My husband would go to bed in heavy sweat pants and sweatshirt and we had flannel sheets, a heavy blanket and down comforter. He would cover his head he was so cold. I, on the other hand, had to strip down naked and lay on top of the comforter, and I would leave a puddle of sweat over the course of the night.

Hot flashes can be REALLY nasty. I'm glad I went thru that phase pretty fast.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since I had a Hyster in April of 2005, I knew there was a CHANCE my body would shut down.For 6 months after the Hyster, I had hotflashes--which are a pain in the ***!! I also had PMDD.So, after taking Zoloft, everything is pretty well much back to normal.Although I do still have an occasional hotflash.