ladie's only am afraid...

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 30+ pounds without changing my amount of exercise very much. I used a website called SparkPeople which helps you figure out how much fat, calories, protein, and other nutrients you should be getting daily for a healthy lifestyle... It helped me a LOT!
SparkPeople's website takes into account your current weight, whether you are trying to lose weight (and in what time period) or to maintain your current weight, and your amount of exercise to figure out the fat/calories/protein/fiber/carbs/other nutrients ranges you should be eating each day. Then you can track your food intake using their site so you can make sure you stay within the recommended ranges each day. They also offer meal plans which use whole grains, fruits/veggies and other healthy foods and you can either follow their daily meal plans or just input your own foods. The emphasis is on a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy rather than a short-term "diet".

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Join us at www.sparkpeople.com! It's a great site. Otherwise I've been reading and applying Volumetrics, which is just a great book that teaches you how to eat smarter. I've been losing about 1.5lbs per week and haven't really been exercising like I should, except for some downhill skiing- and I always lose a ton of weight after a couple days of skiing.

http://www.amazon.com/Volumetrics-Ea...5122142&sr=8-1

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you able to see a physical therapist and figure out what exercises you can do? I used to coach athletes with a huge range of disabilities, and I was always amazed what people could do. A lot would discover they had more strength, stability and movement as they got stronger.

If you want, I can find old notes and find exercises that you may be able to do. Let me know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Are you able to see a physical therapist and figure out what exercises you can do? I used to coach athletes with a huge range of disabilities, and I was always amazed what people could do. A lot would discover they had more strength, stability and movement as they got stronger.

If you want, I can find old notes and find exercises that you may be able to do. Let me know.
yeh, i can't do much. i don't have the strength, & i will never get stronger. can only stop it getting worse.

the note's, thank's i may find them useful! it's worth a try!