Ladies do you like cologne?

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

Most men put on too much of it. Some of them bother my sinuses. My husband just uses Old Spice. It has a clean fresh smell and doesn't make me sneeze.
Oooo. I LOVE Old Spice. I'm not sure what it is about that scent but Yummy. Even if I do feel strange saying that after my Grandfather wore it. Actually a couple of girl friends and myself had a conversation with some guys we knew and we all love Old Spice. The guys were really surprised that we all like it.

In general though I like cologne and perfume as long as it isn't too musky (which makes my nose itch and stop up) or smells too much like soap which is a big problem with today's colognes.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I don't like the stink of cologne. I'm one of those freaks who loves a man's "natural scent". Not B.O. or stinky stuff, but just the natural scent of a guy?

Pheramones? I'll take that over a bottle of spilled perfume any day!
Likewise Stephanie. Could it be because we're both dating outdoorsy guys and they smell the best?

happyviking

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I loooove it!
But as some of you said, it gets gross when you were too much.
I can't stand Old Spice, that turns me right off!
Other than that, I love most of them. Too bad my dh won't wear them much, he gets head aces from them, + he can never get away from the smell himself... So I understand that part.
But before I had a boyfriend as a teenager, I used to go into stores and smell their men's colognes, and dream away about my future hero...

But I also like ladies' perfumes, if it's a good one I wonder what kind it is so I can get it for myself. I never wear perfume if I go to a singing practice or similar, because it can easily be too much for those who stand around me. It's just not fair to them, I think.

happyviking

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I offended anyone with my "not likeing Old Spice", I associate this scent with men who are old enough to be my grandpa, so naturally if turns me off. Often this scent is so heavily put on too, so that doesn't help it any. Didn't mean to offend anybody though...

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I love certain colognes, and others I cannot stand (mostly b/c they remind me of exes).

I'm more a fan of a guy who smells soapy, like Irish Spring or Axe. It's more subtle. My favorite, though, is just that natural "guy smell" that is unique to the guy. Bradley has an incredible (in a good way!) guy smell
See, I like a dash of cologne mixed with the natural guy smell and the soapy smell...Ian is a combination of Old Spice deodorant and Calvin Klein Escape.

I also like Hugo Boss and Curve...but there's one that Abercrombie makes that, for no reason, has always made me want to puke.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never smelt "Lucky" before. I like it and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan so does my girlfriend. WOW!!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I don't like it when guys bathe in it! And it doesn't matter what scent it is - when it's too strong it's just gross.
my dad does this! i like Drakkar Noir, but i also really like any musky scents. but i prefer none to too much! gives me a headache!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Likewise Stephanie. Could it be because we're both dating outdoorsy guys and they smell the best?
you just like them cause they have had a chance to "air out"

Sorry I dont mean to offend, I like that smell too, but I just had to say it!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some men naturally smell better than others. Thank God, my BF smells great naturally, but I still like it when he wears "smell goods." Thats what he calls them. I like Stetson Country. Its outdoorsey, like my BF.

I love Halston (the men's kind) on either men or women.

I love "Design" for me. Will someone tell my BF that it would be a great Christmas present, please?

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aqua Di Gio for sure! I love it!!! If Nate leaves for any extended time I'll spray it on stuff to remind me of him- i.e. a pillow. I also really love Romance for Men (and for women). Nate also wears Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for Men, which I love. Curve is wonderful too!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooooo yeah.......... Hugo Boss. Mmmmmmmm........... oh and unfortunately I seem to ahve a think for the Lynx bodysprays. I don't know what they put in those things, but they can bring me to my knees any time. My old boss used to wear a different one every day, just too watch me squirm. Horrible man!!!