Ladies - do you get your hands dirty?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I was thinking about this thread as I was draining, scrubbing and refilling the deep fryers at work tonight!
So was i as i sit here with my Martini and lemonade admiring my garden that was cut last week by the gardener

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

So was i as i sit here with my Martini and lemonade admiring my garden that was cut last week by the gardener
Oh go ahead and rub it in Susan!!

I'm avoiding my next dirty job, but will get this done today: climbing into the crawl space (dirt floor) to organize it and restaple the insulation back up (some of it was moved when they did plumbing last year and they didn't tack it back up). The crawl space is about chest high so you have to stoop at best and crawl in some places.

But hey - I get to use the staple gun!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

...He also refuses to ask for directions when driving. I hold the map in my lap while on road trips.
Oh I got control of that right quick. Before we hit the road in the RV, we just "went." Well, 2:00am searching for the hotel...
So when we hit the road full time in the RV I put my foot down.
Now he totally depends upon me to tell him where we're going - often to some place we've been a number of times!

Laurie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends. I'm scared of bugs and worms, so outside gardening is completely out of the question. However, when I had plants I used to love to take care of them and transplant them etc. I also like to fix and build things and have done such things as lay, stretch and seam carpet, put up drywall, build a pantry and have even replaced a picture tube in an old TV and used to help my ex boy friend fix his car all of the time. One time we put a new motor into an old Fargo van. That was lots of fun!!!

But getting outside and digging in the dirt? Ugh! If there was a guaranty that there were no worms, ok, but not otherwise.