Ladies: beauty products you like?

jalapeno

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't use anything special, but I can't live without lip balm! I get windburn easily.

I also use papaya soap for my face - it's been said that it can whiten & exfoliate skin better than any soap.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Oooh, so many things I'd like to try!
Oh I know! The next time I have a spare bit of money I know I'm gonna find this thread and try some new things!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowzers. I just went to that naturallycurly.com website. I agree; curlyheads should unite and EMBRACE and LOVE their curls!!! I got really sick of seeing gals ironed flat! I'm glad curls are making a comeback!

I forgot to mention one other thing I like: Udderly Smooth Udder Cream. They sell it at Walgreens & Walmart. Yeah it's made for cow teats, but it surely works on human hands & human feet. My hands are usually a cracked, bleeding mess from winter around here, but this cow cream has made my hands all pretty.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Bath gloves?!? Where do you get those? I've never seen them! The most I can find around here are milking gloves. Pray tell!
Not sure where she got hers from, but I have a set that came from the SuperTarget here.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes I had completely forgotten to mention perfume. My absolute FAVORITE is Beyond Paradise by Estee Lauder. I just love it and get compliments every time I wear it. It's really expensive though so thankfully Brendan got it for me for our last anniversary or else I would NEVER have been able to afford it. I have a ton of other perfumes, but that one is by far my favorite.

The only thing that will stay on my nails for any period of time is a french manicure, any color starts chipping by the end of the first day, regardless of what brand it is and whether a professional did it or not. Very slippery nails runs in my family. However for my toe nails (which I always keep polished) I use either OPI or Ulta brand polish. Ulta is a large cosmetics store here. It's a chain so I'm sure it's other places as well. What I do do to my fingernails though is use this stuff from Dead Sea Spa Care that buffs my nails and makes them look absolutely gorgeous. You use this stuff once a month and your nails will remain shiny for weeks. It actually works too. I love it.

I think that's everything. Though I'm sure I'll be back in this thread many more times since I'm obsessed with products.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Thanks Katherine! Super Target is the same as regular Target, but just on steroids, right? We do have a Body Shop here, but either way, this is great to know.
hahaha Exactly! Great description!!! Regular Target would have it as well I'm sure.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh Katherine you're so right - Beyond Paradise is gorgeous isn't it. When I was at the airport, I was seriously torn which perfume I was going to take home - but Coco Mademoiselle won again. Never mind, I'll be back in duty free later in the year.......

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I'm glad to see curls making a comeback too....'cauise I have very thin, soft, babyfine hair, and I keep a perm in it to make it curly and do something besides just lay on top of my head!

For your hair?I usually use the Tressemme original formula, about once a week I use the foam conditioner that Dove came out with last year, and the two or three days before I get a new perm I use the "Three Minute Miracle" that Aussie products puts out.

For your face? I have the dryest, most sensitive face that I've ever seen on a woman, but lately I have found a new Dove product for sensitive skin, and I bought their face wash and night cream, love 'em! although I do wear the night cream day and night too!

Make up, like powder, lip gloss, mascara? My foundation is Cover Girl Smoothers, doesn't break my face out, covers great, doesn't dry it out either. My blush and lipstick are both Avon, Mascara is waterproof Almay. I prefer any cream or liquid eye shadow, 'cause they don't flake off into my eyes.

For your bod? Usually Clearasil facial antibacterial soap, when I want to exfoliate I use my very own chocolate sugar scrub, mmmm! My two favorite colognes are Lady Stetson and Romance by Ralph Lauren, they're among the few that don't make my head spin!

Truthfully though, I don't wear makeup unless I'm going to church, or out somewhere that I want to look " better" thatn normal, lol!

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For your hair?
My hair is shoulder length, brown with blond and chesnut highlights, it's very thin, and slightly wavy. I use Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair, it doesn't weigh down my hair, and I like the way it takes to styling (if that makes sense). I use either Sebastion or Paul Mitchell hairspray, Sebastion holds better but I hate the way it smells.

For your face?
I use the Clinique 3 step system for cleaning my face, I have problems with my skin being oily and breaking out so I will use a clay mask from time to time and the exfoliating scrub.
The only make-up I use is foundation, Clinique Superfit is what I am using now. I love Burts Bees chap stick.

For your bod?
Dove soap, I've used it for years. Not picky on lotions, anything that smells nice. Neutragena makes some very nice lotion. I don't really use perfume all that much...a full bottle of perfume can last me ten years so it goes bad before I use it all. I have a sample of something called Sensi which I like and would consider buying if I can't get another sample.

Do you ever have those days where you just DO NOT want to pretty-up?

That is pretty much every day for me! I am much more comfy in jeans and a t-shirt than anything else.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all of y'all who mentioned Burt Bee's chapstick... I love that stuff! I used to have some a few years ago but I lost it and last week I bought a new one... great stuff!

Does anyone use toner? Someone at Origins was recommending it to me when I was buying cleanser and I never really know what the point of it is, nor anyone who uses it.

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My hair -
My hair is shoulder-length, light brown, straight. I just recently (few months ago) stopped highlighting it after 10 years of doing it. It has always stayed really oily, even when highlighting it, so I don't use much conditioner. But I kind of keep switching on my shampoos - between Suave clarifying, Dove Beautifully Clean, Back to Basics Tangerine Twist, and Loreal Vive Fresh Shine.

My face -
I use Clinique foaming Acne Wash. It makes my face feel so good! I have been using Cliniue stay-true makeup, but will soon probably be switching to cover girl, because there aren't any places near that sell clinique now (Belk just moved). And I use the Clearisil Ultra face pads and Biore Blemish Fighting or Deep Pore Cloths and some Avon clearskin products. I use Chapstick lip moisturizer and softlips.

My Bod -
I LOVE Caress Spring Blush (now discontinued, but I stocked up) and Shimmering Petals products - body wash, shower gel, lotion, body mist, etc. I use the Dove Nutrium body bar. I also use Sweet Pea products from Bath and Body Works. I use the Sweet Pea Body Butter and the antibacterial moisturizing hand lotion - that stuff is amazing. I use either Skintimate or Satin Care shave gels - any scent - and gillette Venus razor. I use a perfume called "Very Irresistible" by Givenchy. Umm...Dove deordorant. I use bath gloves, poufs, and washcloths - depends on my mood.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Does anyone use toner? Someone at Origins was recommending it to me when I was buying cleanser and I never really know what the point of it is, nor anyone who uses it.
well....I use Clinique #3 toner. It's just a way to really deep clean your pores even after you wash. There's all kinds of cooling stuff in it, so it shrinks my pores and creates a really smooth texture for anything that goes on top. It also conditions the skin....you see when you wash it strips most everything off, so putting some good stuff back in before any makeup goes on makes sense to me! sheesh, this sounds like a commercial!

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalapeno

I don't use anything special, but I can't live without lip balm! I get windburn easily.

I also use papaya soap for my face - it's been said that it can whiten & exfoliate skin better than any soap.
Ohhh, papaya soap!! Sounds yum!!
Are there any particular brands you would recommend, or any place in the US that might carry it (noticed your location is Manila)?
Is it good for sensitive skin?

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for my hair, because i have highlights, i use john freida for blonde hair which brings out the highlights, i also use VO5 hotoil, and before i dry i i use VO5 miracle mist because i use ceramic straightners.

for my face i use loreal pure zone 1 2 &3

and i use loreal moistureiser for my body because i go on the sunbeds

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so boring.

Skin: up until I was 45, I used noxema almost exclusively (with the occasional dabble with Pears soap). Now, my formerly nice skin is deciding to act up, at the moment, all it will tolerate is Ponds cold cream which I apply, and then remove with a warm, wet washcloth. I don't mositurize at the moment, as I am out of the best stuff I've found called Transformessence.

Hair: very long, below the shoulder blades, but with another 4+ inches heading to my waist...will not be cutting it until I've finished my weight loss, so expect to have hair down below my knees before I am done. Why? Call it being 49, and "why not"? It will be the last time I go for super long hair. I do color it (L'Oreal) to keep it the medium ash blond it has been most of my life, but have a resistent patch of bone white along one temple...kind of like a small bird wing
I do not fuss with it except for use of a detangler comb and a boarbristle brush...just use Head and Shoulders. There is an organic moisturizer that is out of this world that I am currently out of - Giovanni Organic Leave-In Conditioner that I can't recommend enough.
In the meantime, my fall back conditioner is Avalon Organic Lavender conditioner.

Makeup: don't bother much, but I'm a lifelong fan of L'Oreal and Revlon lipsticks, and when I *do* have nails, I adore OPI.