(ladies) BC question

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Seasonale for years. For the most part, I love it. But still, I'm going to try to talk my GYN into a hysterectomy at my next physical. I'm 48 and still have horrible cramping and back pain with my periods, even though I only have 4 periods a year. The main reason though, is because my aunt was diagnosed this past spring with ovarian cancer. With my aready strong family history of colon cancer, and now the history of ovarian cancer, I'd just as soon get rid of the darn thing and get it over with.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

After all the current birth control controversy I am even more keen to take any hormone altering drug for as little time as possible. I want to get the babies out of the way and get my tubes tied and not have to take any of those drugs!

I use Depo Provera injections, which I found worked really well for me and were much easier than daily pills.
Blech. I'm taking Depo right now, because it's the ONLY thing I can take at the moment. I still bleed, but it's not as heavy as it was, and my evil cramps have just about dissapeared.

However, I've put weight on (and I'm really disgusted right now, gonna start weight watchers this week). And then, I think I just missed my 3-month cutoff
So now I don't know what to do. I'm afraid to go back to the doctors b/c they're going to yell at me and make me take a pregnancy test (and I'm NOT pregnant, you can't get pregnant if you don't ovulate, and I DON'T) before I can get another shot.

But I hate my periods when I'm not taking anything. I have endometriosis, and my periods can get nasty when I'm not on hormones. Then there's the whole pregnancy thing. As I said, I don't ovulate- haven't in years (I have symptoms very similar to PCOS) but- I did have 2 kids- how it happened I have no idea. And though another baby would be nice, I DON'T want to have one in the middle of nursing school- which I start in January.

And this is kind of funny- my 13 year old can't wait to get her period

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I use Depo Provera injections, which I found worked really well for me and were much easier than daily pills.
I hated having to take a daily pill too. I've got an Implanon implant, they last 3 years. I get no periods and thus no PMS

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ortho Tri-cyclen heightens my libido about a week before, during, and a few days after my period. However any other time, and I have a hard time as well.
Interesting... I'd be happy with ANY boost in libido even if it is only for a week or two out of a month.