Lack of humane options for stray cats *minor vent*

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats seem to be toward the bottom of the totem pole.  Just above vermin and insects.
Yes, unfortunately. But sometimes I think it is as much because people think they can survive on their own. Which is true, actually. Otherwise, we wouldn't have feral cats!

But we do need to help people understand cats are as worthy of our help as dogs, horses and other animals. It is just so never-ending, it can be frustrating.

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yep. i rescue cats with some other local fosters and the local animal control, humane society wants nothing to do with them. there's a network of fosters with resources for puppies and dogs but none for cats. mostly me and the other fosters put our own money and time into working with cats and it can be infuriating how little people care about them. once at our animal shelter a kitten was put down for having eye gunk. it's horrendous and exasperating and i totally know where you're coming from.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yep. i rescue cats with some other local fosters and the local animal control, humane society wants nothing to do with them. there's a network of fosters with resources for puppies and dogs but none for cats. mostly me and the other fosters put our own money and time into working with cats and it can be infuriating how little people care about them. once at our animal shelter a kitten was put down for having eye gunk. it's horrendous and exasperating and i totally know where you're coming from.
Oh, how I emphathize with you!!!! I am in a rural area and around here, cats and homeless women are definitely lower class
    There are not nearly as many options as there are for dogs or men needing help.  So we who do care, do what we can and keep up our hopes and prayers and turn to our TCS family for advice and encouragement. And at the end of our time, we will have made a difference!!!