Laceration underneath cat’s tongue

Taylor22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I’m new to the forum, but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with a cut/laceration underneath their cat’s tongue? I took my cat to the vet 5 days ago after I noticed she had lost a little bit of weight and was having a hard time chewing. I initially thought it may have been an issue with her back teeth, but the vet found a laceration underneath my cat’s tongue instead. I have no idea how she could have got the laceration, but the doctor prescribed some antibiotics and pain medication. She’s been doing a little better with eating, but she’s still drooling a little bit of blood. I was wondering if anyone knew how long these things take to heal? I’m just a little worried

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since she moves it every time she eats, it could take a week. Antibiotics are good, which will help because it will be impossible to keep the wound 'clean'. I would get some Hartz Delectable Lickable treats in the stew flavors, or some other lickable treat that she likes, something easy to eat, and she doesn't have to chew much. My cats never refuse them, I give all my meds in them. make sure she has plenty of water to rinse with as she drinks. They refuse the bisque. remember, cats are tough, really tough, I have seen them come back from bad injuries when I thought there was no way they could.