labour signs

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens has such unusual colouring. A bit like siemese markings with the head tail and feet black but the body is grey/silver. The other three look like mini lions

They are all adorable and I hope they continue to do well!

There's something called a fever coat and I wonder if an adviser might take a look at your pictures and put in their two cents on the possibility.

How is mama doing today?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mum is doing great, for only being about 9 months old herself shes been a great mum so far. Two of the kittens have already been reserved! So I'm sure il find homes easy, I was going to keep the grey and black one buta woman wanted to give her to her daughter for her 9th birthday as shes still really upset about their other cat dying at 15. They live close to me so am happy to let it go to a good family as it will be their only pet and I have my dogs so I think its better for the kitten to go to them rather than stay with me. x

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's sweet, and rehoming in pairs is always best. Just make sure that you keep them with mom for 10-12 weeks. And I know you're having them fixed before they go, which is great!

catking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well what I said was I will get them all their shots, chip etc for £50 which will help cover the cost, I was so shocked how quick they sold. I had to turn quite a few people away but there is one lion lookalike that a woman was meant to put in the deposit but she hasn't yet so if she dosnt do it today ive informed the people I turned away she will become available. I think its a girl as its quite hard to tell as their so young but I think I have three girls and a boy but the people who have reserved them arnt bothered what sex they are as they are going to be pets only so I was lucky to find families that will take them forever. I was tempted to keep that grey and black one though! But I'm glad they all have homes and their not even a week old. They are all quite keen to view them but I told them they were still too young, I said they could in a few weeks but to be honest I don't know what is the right age they can be viewed from. I saw online people were letting viewers see their kittens around four weeks old, should I tell them that age too as I don't want to stress mum with strangers too early. I panicked this morning, I went in to check on them and mum and I could only see three kittens! I was looking everywhere and I don't think mum had noticed one was missing but I could hear a very muffled cry from one so I took the kittens out then was feeling around the nest and found the kitten wraopped up or I should say trapped under the covers with mum lying right on top of her. The kitten wouldn't of been able to get out herself and I'm sure she would of suffocated after a while cuz she was wrapped up like a present with no exit point so thank God I went in to check on them. I was going to wait till after I took the dogs out so glad I checked first. They are all doing great and so so beautiful, i feel like a proud grandma lol. I'm going to book the vet appointment today x

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am glad you went to check on them when you did. I am also glad you have found homes for them. I have had a few people ask for one of the kittens but they want them for free. I am also afraid that they won't treat them the way I would. 

catking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't ever give them away for free, if they really want a kitten they will be happy to buy one. Giving them away for free could lead to idiots like people who want to use them as bait in dog fighting taking them. Are you going to sell them? I wouldn't sell them for any less than £100, Maybe no less than £150 because if they pay that then you know its more than likely they'll be going to decent people who will look after them properly. If they are happy to pay that amount then they are alot more likely to care for it more where someone who got it for free has no investment in it and could even sell it on. I had some woman message me on gumtree when my ad went up having a go at me for charging so much! She was like I don't think you'll get that much for average kittens, and you can get one from the shelter for 100, sorry it had to be said! I was fuming and messaged her back saying- Actually i was only asking for that to cover the vets bills cost and to ensure only good people enquired and I was planning on donating any money left after vets bills to my local animal shelter so id appreciate it if you didn't judge and mind your own business!! She was practically calling the kittens mongrals and wernt worth paying for and they should be free. I was mad as hell, but got great satisfaction telling her the kittens had all been sold the same day the ad went up so her opinion obviously means nothing!! :)

Some people are so judgmental and busy bodies! I would never message a stranger giving them my opinion on something that was none of my business!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Don't ever give them away for free, if they really want a kitten they will be happy to buy one. Giving them away for free could lead to idiots like people who want to use them as bait in dog fighting taking them. Are you going to sell them? I wouldn't sell them for any less than £100, Maybe no less than £150 because if they pay that then you know its more than likely they'll be going to decent people who will look after them properly. If they are happy to pay that amount then they are alot more likely to care for it more where someone who got it for free has no investment in it and could even sell it on. I had some woman message me on gumtree when my ad went up having a go at me for charging so much! She was like I don't think you'll get that much for average kittens, and you can get one from the shelter for 100, sorry it had to be said! I was fuming and messaged her back saying- Actually i was only asking for that to cover the vets bills cost and to ensure only good people enquired and I was planning on donating any money left after vets bills to my local animal shelter so id appreciate it if you didn't judge and mind your own business!! She was practically calling the kittens mongrals and wernt worth paying for and they should be free. I was mad as hell, but got great satisfaction telling her the kittens had all been sold the same day the ad went up so her opinion obviously means nothing!! :)

Some people are so judgmental and busy bodies! I would never message a stranger giving them my opinion on something that was none of my business!!
I agree.  It it by any reasons feels awkward to demand money (or equivalent), you can demand a donation in the cats name, to some cause you both agree upon.

Anonymously or better still, in the cats name.  Say, the cat is named Rosey.  They are the Wilson family.  The sender donator thus Rosey Cat Wilson.  It creates a magical bond of sort, awakening noble feelings of unselfishingly donating money to a good cause, as soon they think on the cat.

Another possibility is you simply let them pay for the vet treatment you give, alie deworming, shots, spaying.  (have receipts).  For a serious adopter its no money, a serious owner would do it anyways.  But for a crooks its money cast away, too  much to bother.

@Louann Jude   -  so Im glad the warning bells did rung for you, LouAnn.

Re the pic of the "black siamese" kitten - it is  the so called fever coat, not a true point.   It will go away with time, without negative nonsequences.

Last edited:

catking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love the colouring, it makes me wonder what the dad looed like as the other three look like mum. I'm not complaining though I like the colour of the odd kitten out. I wonder what colour it will be if it fades over time then x

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have raised a baby that was like your black and grey one. He looked like salt and pepper mixed together. He turned out to be solid black with a white spot on his chest.