Kung Fu Fightin'

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love that photo. I have the worst time with action shots. My camera has a delay and I haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of it....I'm not very techie. lol

Here are my Thai-Kwon-Do shots.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it bad of me that when I saw the leg sticking out funny I thought "good thing that isn't a human boy or that'd hurt!"?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great action shot! I love the cute little 'grasshopper' in the corner! Caption: "Observe, young Grasshopper. This is how it is done."

I have to ask....what kind of camera do you use? I can never get this kind of action shot...my shutter delay is too long!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I have to ask....what kind of camera do you use? I can never get this kind of action shot...my shutter delay is too long!
I have a Panasonic Lumix, DMC-FZ20. It's a digital with a reflex type lens. I set the camera up for shutter priority mode. (There will be a delay if you use Aperature mode) Shutter speed at 1/250, normal flash (red eye reduction mode OFF). Then I use auto-focus, but I pre focus on an object approximately equal distance to where the cat is playing. That way when the cat jumps, the camera is all ready and when I press the button, I capture the moment.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hilarious thread...more pics please!!!!!! I have that silly song in my head now

Every kitty was Kung-Fu fightin'...