Koko gave me a scare tonight

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That spunky little girl of mine decided that chasing the fly was the funnest thing in the world. She jumped on the kitchen counter to go after it, stood on her hind legs to bat it against the kitchen cabinets, and on the way down landed her front paw (about 2 inches of it), in the BOILING pot of chili.

Scared the heck out of her, she ran and hid and wouldn't let me check her out for a while. She had to lick that hot chili off her paw (and it was seasoned with jalapenos). She finally came out about an hour later. No serious problems, but she has a few blisters on her paw pads.

Bad girl Koko....bad girl...hurting yourself and scaring you mom half to death!!

My poor baby.....we're just surprised with 6 kittens in the house we have never had an emergency vet trip yet!

*sigh*

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness , that poor baby girl . I am glad it was not worse than that . Well , what happen to the chili ? Did you still eat it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by PurrfectCatlove
[BWell , what happen to the chili ? Did you still eat it
[/b]
Of course.....we count on a few cat hairs with each meal!

A few hours later and she is acting normal. Thanks heavens - it could have been a lot worse!!

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Russian Blue once jumped on a hot wood burning stove . . .wahhh. . .she froze for a second then looked at my husband with an expression like "how could you let this happen to me?!" before jumping off. You'd better believe she never did that stunt again — whether the stove was hot OR cold. It was just blisters like your kitty so it wasn't serious but it was still sad to see little bits of my kitty peeling off a few days later. . .wahhh.

I'm so glad Koko is ok. She was just taste testing for ya.

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
poor baby! if there is a fly or other flying bug in the house I try and catch it or kill it before someone gets into trouble. I am glad she is seriously unhurt.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woah! That's scary.. Reminds me of the time When Mum was reading a newspaper and she had a candle lit our boy yogi came to investigate it wasn't until mumm looked up she realised his tail was alight!

I hope Koko is okay.. Give her lotsa luvving from me and the kitties.

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aaww the poor thing! She was having her fun then all of a sudden, BAM!... she added some essence of cat hair to the chili. Hehehe! Glad to hear she's doing fine, and it wasn't anything major.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must have been terrified!.

When Rosie was a kitten, she had a habit of jumping in the bath, when it was filled!!.
Luckily the water was never hot enough to scald her, but there was a couple of occassions where it was, but we got to her in time.

After that it ended up where we had to close the door after running the bath, just in case!

It can be like looking after a baby?!

Susan

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Koko is okay, Axl ran over our ceramic hob when it was cooling down and scorched a paw. He was only little and scared the life out of me. Luckily after a visit to the vet just in case, he was fine and to this day he NEVER goes near the cooker.

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Momofmany
Of course.....we count on a few cat hairs with each meal!

I have a little sign in my kitchen that reads "In this house, dog hair is considered a condiment." It should now read "pet hair" since Simba has moved in...

Thank goodness Koko is OK, and that only one paw fell in!! I would have been scared to death!

maui

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Suzy
I have a little sign in my kitchen that reads "In this house, dog hair is considered a condiment."
My family would just die if they saw that! They don't like it when Sage eats potato chips right out of the bowl

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Bengal kitten, Simba did that once. I made a cat of vegitable soup in the microwave. I pulled the bowl out, set it on the counter and turned my back for a second to get a spoon, when he took a flying leap onto the counter and landed in the hot bowl of soup. Vegitables went flying everywhere in my kitchen, and Simba took off and hid, much like your Koko. I checked his paws about 15 minutes later, and thank goodness, there were no blisters. But I had a MAJOR MESS to clean up in the kitchen.