Koda Wants To Rub Everything

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So. Every morning. Koda won't stop rubbing aginist me. She would rub aginist desks my chairs. Her tree, an since she dosent have claws. She will try to sctarch everything but can't (aspca removed them when she was in Kitty jail, pound) why does she do all this?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl is like this too. I think they do it to mark their territory and also to show affection (when they do it to humans and other cats). Sometimes when my girl excessively rubs herself on me I imagine she is thinking "my human, my human, my human." :petcat:

I can't believe the ASPCA would declaw her. Was there a medical reason? Poor girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know neo. It's something they do at shelters it seems. If they can, they neuter, declaw (only front and only under 2 years old) and gives them all their shots. But I got her that way, no idea why. Maybe to prevent animal fighting rings and I'll breeders.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ill breeders. Sorry

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know neo. It's something they do at shelters it seems. If they can, they neuter, declaw (only front and only under 2 years old) and gives them all their shots. But I got her that way, no idea why. Maybe to prevent animal fighting rings and I'll breeders.
That is really strange to me because every shelter that I have had contact with has always had a no declawing policy. When I have applied to adopt they always ask if you will declaw your cat and will deny your application if you say yes. I also volunteered at a shelter with a no declaw policy too. You would think the SPCA would be against declawing since it is inhumane.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe she was declawed before. I don't know

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the rubbing thing again.. do you feed her in the morning? She might be excited to eat, cats tend to 'rub' when they are hungry too.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do feed her in the morning before i go to work (about 8am), and again about 4pm if i work nights, So everyday, i feed her at those times

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
She could be asking for food or attention. Or sometimes cats will rub up against everything when they are particularly happy and are basically claiming everything and everyone’s as theirs by distributing their scent on to them.