Kobe

jdcrews

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted on here last week about our cat being diagnosed with high liver enzymes. The vet put him on Denosyl 90 mg. for 30 days. He is acting normal, runs, plays, purrs,etc. However he is not eating as much as used to . The vet said if he stops eating to call him immediately. He hasn't stopped eating, he's just eating less. He has an appetite but doesn't want his cat food. I gave him a bite of turkey this evening & he was so excited! Any advice?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Can you try tuna? Tuna juice on his food? What about kitten food or adding kitten milk replacer to the food? Pouch foods have more gravy which might entice your baby. As long as he's hungry, give him what he wants, if that's turkey, that's fine (maybe rinse it if there's salt or flavorings on it) but he might want it unrinsed LoL. Hang in there!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, another couple thoughts might be goat milk, no sodium/garlic/onion broth, no garlic or onion baby food, there are lickable treats available. :vibes::redheartpump:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
A little sprinkle of parm can sometimes stimulate appetite.
A little daub of plain yogurt is also a good option.
Eggs... cooked whites, raw yolks
Depending on your comfort level, you may want to explore homemade/raw foods.
After our angel Pippen was diagnosed with liver problems, I delved into researching pet food, and eventually switched to raw for the whole furmily. Never looked back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jdcrews

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A little sprinkle of parm can sometimes stimulate appetite.
A little daub of plain yogurt is also a good option.
Eggs... cooked whites, raw yolks
Depending on your comfort level, you may want to explore homemade/raw foods.
After our angel Pippen was diagnosed with liver problems, I delved into researching pet food, and eventually switched to raw for the whole furmily. Never looked back.
Thank you for the suggestions. We started giving Kobe Beech Nut classic baby food in chicken & chicken broth. He loves it. He has also started eating wet & dry cat food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi - I was researching Denosyl this morning and came back to this thread - how is your furbaby doing now?